Min-width.

dorayme

"Luigi Donatello Asero said:
Hello,
I am building the website https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com
On the page https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/it/svezia.html
I used min-width to prevent the images on the right to overflow the borders
in case the user should use a narrow
window.
In this case I chose the min-width on the grounds of the width of the
images. It was easy to know how large they are in pixels. But how do I use
it for tables?

It is not supported for the majority of viewers around the world.
But if you want to use it for those browsers that do support it,
you can stick it on any container of the tables, eg. the body.
But, really, images in a table cell tend not to overflow their
cell naturally?

Luigi Donatello Asero

dorayme said:
It is not supported for the majority of viewers around the world.
But if you want to use it for those browsers that do support it,
you can stick it on any container of the tables, eg. the body.
But, really, images in a table cell tend not to overflow their
cell naturally?

Sorry, perhaps my explanation was not very good...
Here is a another try.
I was not talkning about images in the tables but about tables which do not
contain images such as the ones on the page
In order to prevent the tables to overflow I could set font-size: smaller;
only for the content in the table or in a certain table.
This way the user would not need scroll the bar to read the contents of the
whole table.
However he might find that it difficult to read the text in the table. That
could happen for example if he uses a little screen which shows very small
"smaller letters". So, I wonder whether I could have set a min-width to
prevent the letters from being too small...