Photos and browsers

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Luigi Donatello Asero, Sep 17, 2006.

  1. Luigi Donatello Asero, Sep 17, 2006

  2. Luigi Donatello Asero

    dorayme Guest

    In article <DzjPg.16959$>,
    "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> wrote:

    > https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/it/svezia.html

    Your site looks so much better suddenly Luigi!

    What are the new pics? Never heard that FF displayed pics any
    better or worse than IE?

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Sep 17, 2006

  3. "dorayme" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > In article <DzjPg.16959$>,
    > "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> wrote:
    >
    > > https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/it/svezia.html

    > Your site looks so much better suddenly Luigi!
    >
    > What are the new pics? Never heard that FF displayed pics any
    > better or worse than IE?

    On one computer it did.
    Besides on another computer Firefox displayed them better than on this one.
    I do not know whether it depends on the screen or something else....
    The photos are the last 2 under "Foto della Svezia meridionale"
    If you click on them you open
    https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/bilder/giocatrice/giocatrice-pallamano-640X480.jpg
    and
    https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/bilder/giocatrice/giocatrice-pallamano.jpg
    It was possible when I used another computer but I am having sometimes
    problems using this...
    By the way, there were elections in Sweden on the 17th of September.
    You will find more information about it on the page

    Luigi Donatello Asero
    https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/boende-i-italien.php
    我是æ„大利人

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Sep 18, 2006
  4. Luigi Donatello Asero

    dorayme Guest

    In article <YGkPg.16962$>,
    "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> wrote:

    > "dorayme" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > > In article <DzjPg.16959$>,
    > > "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> wrote:
    > >
    > > > https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/it/svezia.html

    > > What are the new pics? Never heard that FF displayed pics any
    > > better or worse than IE?

    > On one computer it did.
    > Besides on another computer Firefox displayed them better than on this one.
    > I do not know whether it depends on the screen or something else....
    > The photos are the last 2 under "Foto della Svezia meridionale"
    > If you click on them you open
    > https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/bilder/giocatrice/giocatrice-pallamano-640X4
    > 80.jpg
    > and
    > https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/bilder/giocatrice/giocatrice-pallamano.jpg
    > It was possible when I used another computer but I am having sometimes
    > problems using this...

    The problem with these pics is that the poor girl does not have a
    skin disease but that the photos have been badly prepared.
    Probably over compressed.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Sep 18, 2006
  5. "dorayme" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > In article <YGkPg.16962$>,
    > "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> wrote:
    >
    > > "dorayme" <> skrev i meddelandet

    > > > What are the new pics? Never heard that FF displayed pics any
    > > > better or worse than IE?

    > > On one computer it did.
    > > Besides on another computer Firefox displayed them better than on this

    one.
    > > I do not know whether it depends on the screen or something else....
    > > The photos are the last 2 under "Foto della Svezia meridionale"
    > > If you click on them you open

    https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/bilder/giocatrice/giocatrice-pallamano-640X4
    > > 80.jpg
    > > and

    https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/bilder/giocatrice/giocatrice-pallamano.jpg
    > > It was possible when I used another computer but I am having sometimes
    > > problems using this...

    > The problem with these pics is that the poor girl does not have a
    > skin disease but that the photos have been badly prepared.
    > Probably over compressed.

    Over compressed?
    Both the larger and the smaller?

    --
    Luigi Donatello Asero
    我是æ„大利人

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Sep 18, 2006
  6. Luigi Donatello Asero

    dorayme Guest

    In article <UplPg.16964$>,
    "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> wrote:

    > https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/bilder/giocatrice/giocatrice-pallamano-640X4
    > > > 80.jpg
    > > > and
    > > >

    > https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/bilder/giocatrice/giocatrice-pallamano.jpg
    > > > It was possible when I used another computer but I am having sometimes
    > > > problems using this...

    > > The problem with these pics is that the poor girl does not have a
    > > skin disease but that the photos have been badly prepared.
    > > Probably over compressed.

    > Over compressed?
    > Both the larger and the smaller?

    What if it was the larger only? What will you do about it? Lets
    do one thing at a time.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Sep 18, 2006
  7. "dorayme" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > In article <UplPg.16964$>,
    > "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> wrote:

    https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/bilder/giocatrice/giocatrice-pallamano-640X4

    https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/bilder/giocatrice/giocatrice-pallamano.jpg

    sometimes

    > > > The problem with these pics is that the poor girl does not have a
    > > > skin disease but that the photos have been badly prepared.
    > > > Probably over compressed.

    > > Over compressed?
    > > Both the larger and the smaller?

    > What if it was the larger only? What will you do about it? Lets
    > do one thing at a time.

    I think that you were right!
    Have a look at the page now!

    --
    Luigi Donatello Asero
    我是æ„大利人

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Sep 18, 2006
  8. Luigi Donatello Asero

    dorayme Guest

    In article <EGmPg.16966$>,
    "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> wrote:

    > "dorayme" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > > In article <UplPg.16964$>,
    > > "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> wrote:
    > >

    > https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/bilder/giocatrice/giocatrice-pallamano-640X480.jpg
    > > > > >

    > https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/bilder/giocatrice/giocatrice-pallamano.jpg

    > sometimes

    > > > Over compressed?
    > > > Both the larger and the smaller?

    > > What if it was the larger only? What will you do about it? Lets
    > > do one thing at a time.

    > I think that you were right!
    > Have a look at the page now!

    Yes, the pic is much better now. But the page is worse in another
    way because you have bought this improvement at the cost of a
    massive file size for the jpg. You have gone from 20K to 236K.
    You don't have to have that file size to get an acceptable
    quality. IT can be made to under 50K and be still very good
    compared with the original 20K one.

    If you can't do this with your software, I am happy on this
    occasion to do it for you.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Sep 18, 2006

    > "dorayme" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > > In article <YGkPg.16962$>,
    > > "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> wrote:
    > >
    > > > "dorayme" <> skrev i meddelandet

    > > > On one computer it did.
    > > > Besides on another computer Firefox displayed them better than on this

    > one.
    > > > I do not know whether it depends on the screen or something else....
    > > > The photos are the last 2 under "Foto della Svezia meridionale"
    > > > If you click on them you open

    https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/bilder/giocatrice/giocatrice-pallamano-640X4
    > > > 80.jpg
    > > > and

    https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/bilder/giocatrice/giocatrice-pallamano.jpg
    > > > It was possible when I used another computer but I am having sometimes
    > > > problems using this...

    > > The problem with these pics is that the poor girl does not have a
    > > skin disease but that the photos have been badly prepared.
    > > Probably over compressed.

    She looks much better in person than in my pictures....
    but they are perhaps better now than before.
    They are also under 50 kilobytes, I think...

    --
    Luigi Donatello Asero
    我是æ„大利人

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Sep 18, 2006
  10. "dorayme" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > In article <EGmPg.16966$>,
    > "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> wrote:
    >
    > > "dorayme" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > > > In article <UplPg.16964$>,
    > > > "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> wrote:

    https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/bilder/giocatrice/giocatrice-pallamano-640X480.jpg

    https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/bilder/giocatrice/giocatrice-pallamano.jpg

    > > sometimes

    > > > What if it was the larger only? What will you do about it? Lets
    > > > do one thing at a time.

    > > I think that you were right!
    > > Have a look at the page now!
    > >

    > Yes, the pic is much better now. But the page is worse in another
    > way because you have bought this improvement at the cost of a
    > massive file size for the jpg. You have gone from 20K to 236K.
    > You don't have to have that file size to get an acceptable
    > quality. IT can be made to under 50K and be still very good
    > compared with the original 20K one.
    >
    > If you can't do this with your software, I am happy on this
    > occasion to do it for you.

    My software is not especially good and my skills at preparing photos could
    be better....
    But I might learn step by step....
    How do they look now?

    --
    Luigi Donatello Asero
    我是æ„大利人

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Sep 18, 2006
  11. Luigi Donatello Asero

    dorayme Guest

    In article <26oPg.16967$>,
    "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> wrote:

    > She looks much better in person than in my pictures....
    > but they are perhaps better now than before.
    > They are also under 50 kilobytes, I think...

    Nope, still 236K and I refreshed browser?

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Sep 18, 2006
  12. Luigi Donatello Asero

    dorayme Guest

    In article <AcoPg.16968$>,
    "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> wrote:

    > My software is not especially good and my skills at preparing photos could
    > be better....
    > But I might learn step by step....
    > How do they look now?
    >
    > --
    > Luigi Donatello Asero

    I have looked about ten times and it is still 236k in all
    browsers?

    I am getting to know this girl. My minders back on Mars tell me
    they have a file photo of her and that it is actually a robot
    made by the Swedish government. The message I got was actually a
    bit rude, you got me into trouble Luigi.

    My bosses said to me:

    "Listen, Stupid (that is me!), no real girl could look so
    Swedish!"

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Sep 18, 2006
  13. "dorayme" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > In article <26oPg.16967$>,
    > "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> wrote:
    >
    > > She looks much better in person than in my pictures....
    > > but they are perhaps better now than before.
    > > They are also under 50 kilobytes, I think...

    > Nope, still 236K and I refreshed browser?
    >
    > --
    > dorayme

    This one?
    https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/bilder/giocatrice/giocatrice-pallamano-foto2.jpg
    Is it not on the web?
    Sometimes I find it diffficult to refresh the content.
    --
    Luigi Donatello Asero
    我是æ„大利人

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Sep 18, 2006
  14. "dorayme" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > In article <AcoPg.16968$>,
    > "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> wrote:
    >
    > > My software is not especially good and my skills at preparing photos

    could
    > > be better....
    > > But I might learn step by step....
    > > How do they look now?
    > >
    > > --
    > > Luigi Donatello Asero

    > I have looked about ten times and it is still 236k in all
    > browsers?

    I do not know how to explain this!
    I do not know either why it looks better at my computer when I browse it at
    IE than at Firefox.

    > I am getting to know this girl. My minders back on Mars tell me
    > they have a file photo of her and that it is actually a robot
    > made by the Swedish government. The message I got was actually a
    > bit rude, you got me into trouble Luigi.

    If she had been a robot she would have been a nice one.

    > My bosses said to me:
    >
    > "Listen, Stupid (that is me!), no real girl could look so
    > Swedish!"

    Well, she is Swedish.

    --
    Luigi Donatello Asero
    我是æ„大利人

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Sep 18, 2006
  15. Luigi Donatello Asero

    dorayme Guest

    In article <BDoPg.16969$>,
    "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> wrote:

    > "dorayme" <>
    > > "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> wrote:
    > >
    > > > They are also under 50 kilobytes, I think...

    > > Nope, still 236K and I refreshed browser?
    > >

    > This one?
    > https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/bilder/giocatrice/giocatrice-pallamano-foto2
    > .jpg

    Yes, this is better. But The one I made at about 47K was better
    and 47K is not so much when it is clearly an enlargement link.
    But, yes, this is much improved from the 20K one.

    My work is done for the day. It is time for my swim and walk at
    the beach in this glorious spring weather... I'm out here...

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Sep 18, 2006
  16. "dorayme" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > In article <BDoPg.16969$>,
    > "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> wrote:

    > > > Nope, still 236K and I refreshed browser?
    > > >

    > > This one?

    https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/bilder/giocatrice/giocatrice-pallamano-foto2
    > > .jpg

    > Yes, this is better. But The one I made at about 47K was better
    > and 47K is not so much when it is clearly an enlargement link.

    Sure.
    I tried to make another one which is little larger.

    > But, yes, this is much improved from the 20K one.
    >
    > My work is done for the day. It is time for my swim and walk at
    > the beach in this glorious spring weather... I'm out here...
    >
    > --
    > dorayme

    I have worked for about 12 hours and more or less all night long,
    so, I think I had better sleep soon...

    --
    Luigi Donatello Asero
    我是æ„大利人