Photos and browsers

Luigi Donatello Asero

dorayme said:
Your site looks so much better suddenly Luigi!

What are the new pics? Never heard that FF displayed pics any
better or worse than IE?

On one computer it did.
Besides on another computer Firefox displayed them better than on this one.
I do not know whether it depends on the screen or something else....
The photos are the last 2 under "Foto della Svezia meridionale"
If you click on them you open
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/bilder/giocatrice/giocatrice-pallamano-640X480.jpg
and
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/bilder/giocatrice/giocatrice-pallamano.jpg
It was possible when I used another computer but I am having sometimes
problems using this...
By the way, there were elections in Sweden on the 17th of September.
You will find more information about it on the page

dorayme

"Luigi Donatello Asero said:
On one computer it did.
Besides on another computer Firefox displayed them better than on this one.
I do not know whether it depends on the screen or something else....
The photos are the last 2 under "Foto della Svezia meridionale"
If you click on them you open
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/bilder/giocatrice/giocatrice-pallamano-640X4
80.jpg
and
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/bilder/giocatrice/giocatrice-pallamano.jpg
It was possible when I used another computer but I am having sometimes
problems using this...

The problem with these pics is that the poor girl does not have a
skin disease but that the photos have been badly prepared.
Probably over compressed.

Luigi Donatello Asero

dorayme said:
The problem with these pics is that the poor girl does not have a
skin disease but that the photos have been badly prepared.
Probably over compressed.

Over compressed?
Both the larger and the smaller?

Luigi Donatello Asero

dorayme said:
What if it was the larger only? What will you do about it? Lets
do one thing at a time.

I think that you were right!
Have a look at the page now!

dorayme

"Luigi Donatello Asero said:
I think that you were right!
Have a look at the page now!

Yes, the pic is much better now. But the page is worse in another
way because you have bought this improvement at the cost of a
massive file size for the jpg. You have gone from 20K to 236K.
You don't have to have that file size to get an acceptable
quality. IT can be made to under 50K and be still very good
compared with the original 20K one.

If you can't do this with your software, I am happy on this
occasion to do it for you.

Luigi Donatello Asero

dorayme said:
Yes, the pic is much better now. But the page is worse in another
way because you have bought this improvement at the cost of a
massive file size for the jpg. You have gone from 20K to 236K.
You don't have to have that file size to get an acceptable
quality. IT can be made to under 50K and be still very good
compared with the original 20K one.

If you can't do this with your software, I am happy on this
occasion to do it for you.

My software is not especially good and my skills at preparing photos could
be better....
But I might learn step by step....
How do they look now?

dorayme

"Luigi Donatello Asero said:
She looks much better in person than in my pictures....
but they are perhaps better now than before.
They are also under 50 kilobytes, I think...

Nope, still 236K and I refreshed browser?

dorayme

"Luigi Donatello Asero said:
My software is not especially good and my skills at preparing photos could
be better....
But I might learn step by step....
How do they look now?

I have looked about ten times and it is still 236k in all
browsers?

I am getting to know this girl. My minders back on Mars tell me
they have a file photo of her and that it is actually a robot
made by the Swedish government. The message I got was actually a
bit rude, you got me into trouble Luigi.

My bosses said to me:

"Listen, Stupid (that is me!), no real girl could look so
Swedish!"

Luigi Donatello Asero

dorayme said:
I have looked about ten times and it is still 236k in all
browsers?

I do not know how to explain this!
I do not know either why it looks better at my computer when I browse it at
IE than at Firefox.
I am getting to know this girl. My minders back on Mars tell me
they have a file photo of her and that it is actually a robot
made by the Swedish government. The message I got was actually a
bit rude, you got me into trouble Luigi.

If she had been a robot she would have been a nice one.
My bosses said to me:

"Listen, Stupid (that is me!), no real girl could look so
Swedish!"

Well, she is Swedish.

Luigi Donatello Asero

dorayme said:
Yes, this is better. But The one I made at about 47K was better
and 47K is not so much when it is clearly an enlargement link.

Sure.
I tried to make another one which is little larger.
But, yes, this is much improved from the 20K one.

My work is done for the day. It is time for my swim and walk at
the beach in this glorious spring weather... I'm out here...

I have worked for about 12 hours and more or less all night long,
so, I think I had better sleep soon...