    I use Yahoo as an email client.

    Is this something thatcan be done ONLY with certain email client software?
    How does one do this?

    rfr, Jan 22, 2008

  2. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "rfr" <> writing
    in news::

    > I want to be able to have photos/images appear in the body of the
    > email in certain places adjacent to certain text.
    >
    > This is something I have seen in email that I RECEIVE.
    >
    > I am not referring to attachments. I am not referring to embedded
    > links out of the email system to some photo/image on a server that
    > needs the cleint to click on it to view the photo/image. I am
    > referring to a photo/image that is visible in the email as the client
    > is reading the text without any action the the clients part.
    >
    > I use Yahoo as an email client.
    >
    > Is this something thatcan be done ONLY with certain email client
    > software? How does one do this?

    It's HTML, and the image you are seeing is being pulled off of the
    sender's server. Yahoo, and other web based email, has the option to
    not display images, and that's a good thing. You see, when an image on
    another server appears in your email, the other server takes a hit,
    showing the referer, in this case, you. It's a way to track email. I
    have both my web based, and my email client, set to not show images
    (unless it is something that I am expecting).

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services

    Adrienne Boswell, Jan 23, 2008

  3. rfr

    rfr Guest

    How does one get HTML CODE into email without it being displayed just as
    CODE, such as <BR> instead of doing a line break?

    rfr, Jan 23, 2008
  4. rfr wrote:
    > How does one get HTML CODE into email without it being displayed just as
    > CODE, such as <BR> instead of doing a line break?

    Your email client has to support HTML formated email.

    >>> I use Yahoo as an email client.

    Yahoo is webmail, not an email client. All done in the browser. What
    capabilities is has is up to yahoo. Try yahoo support pages.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO