    The form includes the following as well as some other information :
    From (the name of the sender)
    To ( the name of the recipient)
    From E-Mail ( the senders E-Mail Address i.e. the Reply to address)
    To E-Mail ( The recipient's E-Mail Address )

    I am having trouble with two properties.
    What property do I use to set the From (the name of the sender) ?
    What property do I use to set the From E-Mail ( the senders E-Mail Address
    i.e. the Reply to address) ?

    Thanks

    RICHARD BROMBERG, Apr 1, 2005

  2. STOP USING CDONTS!
    http://www.aspfaq.com/2026

    --
    Please post DDL, sample data and desired results.
    See http://www.aspfaq.com/5006 for info.

    "RICHARD BROMBERG" <> wrote in message
    > I am using CDONTS in an ASP program to accept input from a Form and send

    an

    Aaron [SQL Server MVP], Apr 1, 2005

  3. I am converting a very large program and for the moment I must keep using
    CDONTS.
    After I clean up the bigger problems I will recode from CDONTS to CDO , but
    for the moment all I need is a quick patch job.

    Thanks

    RICHARD BROMBERG, Apr 1, 2005
  4. I'm confused. How could your "very large program" even be working, if you
    don't have the from and to properties set up correctly?

    Aaron [SQL Server MVP], Apr 1, 2005
  5. AAron

    It works fine.

    I can set the Reply To part of the E-mail from the "From E-Mail" field in
    the Form,,
    but I can't set the From part of the E-mail from the "From" field in the
    Form .

    As a result the recipient can see the sender's e-mail address (and reply to
    it), but the recipient can't see the Sender's name.

    I extracted the part of the site that deals with sending E-Mail and
    published it to:

    http://www.dickbrom.com/aspsend/index.htm

    As you can see it works pretty good, but I want to make it work right.

    RICHARD BROMBERG, Apr 1, 2005