Missing CDONTS property

RICHARD BROMBERG

I am using CDONTS in an ASP program to accept input from a Form and send an
E-mail.
The form includes the following as well as some other information :
From (the name of the sender)
To ( the name of the recipient)
From E-Mail ( the senders E-Mail Address i.e. the Reply to address)
To E-Mail ( The recipient's E-Mail Address )

I am having trouble with two properties.
What property do I use to set the From (the name of the sender) ?
What property do I use to set the From E-Mail ( the senders E-Mail Address
i.e. the Reply to address) ?

Thanks

RICHARD BROMBERG

I am converting a very large program and for the moment I must keep using
CDONTS.
After I clean up the bigger problems I will recode from CDONTS to CDO , but
for the moment all I need is a quick patch job.

Thanks

Aaron [SQL Server MVP]

I'm confused. How could your "very large program" even be working, if you
don't have the from and to properties set up correctly?

--
Please post DDL, sample data and desired results.
See http://www.aspfaq.com/5006 for info.

RICHARD BROMBERG

AAron

It works fine.

I can set the Reply To part of the E-mail from the "From E-Mail" field in
the Form,,
but I can't set the From part of the E-mail from the "From" field in the
Form .

As a result the recipient can see the sender's e-mail address (and reply to
it), but the recipient can't see the Sender's name.

I extracted the part of the site that deals with sending E-Mail and
published it to:

http://www.dickbrom.com/aspsend/index.htm

As you can see it works pretty good, but I want to make it work right.