    Suppose i want to link interface of a entity from the first PC with
    another from the second PC.
    I heard about TCL, but i have no idea how to do.
    cux, May 3, 2004

  2. cux" wrote :
    > Have somebody a idea how can i link two modelsims running on different PCs
    > to seem like one simulation?

    Consider writing and testing your design
    and testbench code first on a single pc.
    That is the hard part.
    Once all is working, there are many ways to
    speed up a simulation, if that is even a problem.

    -- Mike Treseler
    Mike Treseler, May 4, 2004

  3. cux

    Jim Lewis Guest

    Mike Treseler wrote:

    > cux" wrote :
    >
    >>Have somebody a idea how can i link two modelsims running on different PCs
    >>to seem like one simulation?

    > Consider writing and testing your design
    > and testbench code first on a single pc.
    > That is the hard part.
    > Once all is working, there are many ways to
    > speed up a simulation, if that is even a problem.
    >
    > -- Mike Treseler

    To add to Mike's thought, if you consider your test problem
    as multiple tests in a test suite, you can run separate
    tests on separate PC's without having to solve the problem
    of having multiple PC's work together on a single bigger
    testbench (and without loosing efficiency due to communication
    between separate computers).

    Cheers,
    Jim

    Jim Lewis