    this? Any ideas?

    Thanks.

    , Jun 28, 2012

  2. Mister_J

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2012
    Messages:
    8
    Mister_J, Jun 29, 2012

  3. On Thu, 28 Jun 2012 14:45:54 +0100, nospam wrote:

    > I had MXE (Modelsim Xilinx Edition) running successfully under Wine
    > until recently. However, following a lot of changes, I 've just
    > re-installed it, and can't get vsim running. My setup is SL(/RHEL)6,
    > 64-bit, wine 1.2.3. I've installed MXE-III Starter, for both VHDL and
    > Verilog. When I run vsim I get a pop-up with a long message which
    > starts:
    >
    > 'can't read "view_master": no such variable when executing "GUIMAIN"...'
    >
    > The problem is in the tcl start-up (tcl/vsim/vsim). Anyone else seen
    > this? Any ideas?

    I've seen that same error message with Modelsim under Wine. It was a
    year or two ago using 64 bit Ubuntu so I can't remember the exact details
    but the problem eventually went away when Canonical included a more
    recent version of Wine.

    The errors went away with Wine 1.4, however I now use Windows 7 on my
    work computer and versions of Modelsim post 6.something work fine on that.

    Regards,
    Allan
    (followups not set)

    Allan Herriman, Jun 29, 2012