Moderately Interesting Ruby Exercises

Brian Wisti

Yep, the geekery continues. Now there are the MIREs, "Moderately
Interesting Ruby Exercises". Every week, I try to think up something
kinda cool to do with Ruby. Nothing big is planned. It needs to be
small enough for me to finish writing about it within a stretch of a
day or two, so I won't be building any major application frameworks
unless I get *really* fast at typing. By the end of it, a complete and
vaguely useful Ruby script will have been completed. Oh, and I'll try
to throw in a couple ideas for things you could do to improve or
enhance the script.

The intent is just to chart my thinking process as I go from "ooh, what
if I could do XXX?" to actually having a complete product/tool/toy.
This way I'm sure to get some daily practice in as well.

http://coolnamehere.com/geekery/ruby/mire/

Today's MIRE is: reading headlines from fark.com on the command line.

http://coolnamehere.com/geekery/ruby/mire/0001.html

Have fun, and please let me know what you think!

Kind Regards,

Brian Wisti
http://coolnamehere.com/