Modifying calls to Invoke()

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Andrew Backer, Sep 29, 2005.

  1. Hello,

    I am trying to trap all calls to Invoke(...) for a web service and muck
    about with the parameters passed. I can do this if I mask Invoke in
    the file that vs.net generates (reference.cs), but I would like to be
    able to regen the WS w/o worrying about adding this code each time.

    I have subclassed the generated webservice, and am trying to override
    invoke in there. It won't work since Invoke isn't at the right level.
    Seems more like a language issue that a WS specific one, is there some
    way around it though?

    App
    .... class GenByVs : SoapHttpClientProtocol
    ........ class MyLogicalWs : GenByVs
    ............ new protected Invoke(... ) {}
    ............ new myType MyMethod() { base.MyMethod(); }

    Invoke() doesn't get called by the the methods in GenByVs, so no go :(
    Wouldn't aspects be nice sometimes?

    Thanks for any help,
    Andrew Backer

    Andrew Backer, Sep 29, 2005