Modifying Web Service Proxy Content-Type

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by irwin.williams@gmail.com, Oct 31, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hello,
    [Short story]
    I would like to generate MIME Content for my web service. to meet this
    requirment of an application:
    MM7 is an XML/SOAP based API where the MMS message is formatted in a
    MIME encoded XML document and posted to the server using an HTTP POST.

    [Long Story]
    I'm new to web services, but i believe that the current solution i am
    seeking to arrive at would be best achieved using such technologies.

    I am building an application to communicate using the MM7 protocol. MM7
    is an XML/SOAP based API where the message is formatted in a MIME
    encoded XML document and posted to the server using an HTTP POST.

    I have been seeking to use ASP. NET web services to facilitate
    interaction between a client and service.

    So far, I have used the xsd of the protocol
    (http://www.3gpp.org/ftp/Specs/archive/23_series/23.140/schema/REL-5-MM7-1-2)
    as a base for generating a wsdl. This wsdl has been used to create
    classes on the proxy. I have then used the Web Services Extensions 2
    toolkit for tracing and filtering the XML generated before being posted
    to the service.

    I have been testing a method called Submit. Whenver i have tested it, i
    have found it produces the xml required by the protocol for the
    respective operation. however, my testing emulator (which accepts the
    standard messages) indicates that i am generating invalid MIME content.

    I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT/WHERE I SHOULD BE READING TO GET
    CLARIFICATION, THANKS.

    I have found the following documentation:

    The HTTP headers of your POST must include a "Content-length:" header.

    The "Content-type:" header in the POST should be one of the "multipart"
    types (usually "multipart/related"), and should include a "boundary="
    parameter that delimits the different parts of the message.

    The first part of the multipart message is expected to be the XML for
    the request.

    The second part of the multipart message is expected to be the content
    for the multimedia message, and this in turn will usually be another
    MIME multipart structure.

    The following example is adapted from the official MM7 specification
    that is included in the 3GPP TS 23.140 specification:

    Note that this example does not include a SMIL file, and as part of the
    MMS content, you would probably want to include a SMIL file
    (application/smil), which this example does not include.

    Should not use any Content-Transfer-Encoding, it should always be
    expressed without any encoding. For the portion of the document that
    includes the MMS content itself, you can use Content-Transfer-Encoding
    of either quoted-printable or base64, or no encoding can be specified
    in which case it is assumed that the binary data is to be included as
    is.

    POST /mm7 HTTP/1.1
    Host: mms.omms.com
    SOAPAction: ""

    --NextPart_000_0028_01C19839.84698430
    <?xml version="1.0" ?>
    <env:Envelope xmlns:env="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
    <env:Header>
    <mm7:TransactionID
    xmlns:mm7="http://www.3gpp.org/ftp/Specs/archive/23_series/23.140/schema/REL-5-M
    M7-1-3" env:mustUnderstand="1">
    vas00001-sub
    </mm7:TransactionID>
    </env:Header>
    <env:Body>

    <SubmitReq
    xmlns="http://www.3gpp.org/ftp/Specs/archive/23_series/23.140/schema/REL-5-MM7-1
    -3">
    <MM7Version>5.6.0</MM7Version>
    <SenderIdentification>
    <VASPID>TNN</VASPID>
    <VASID>News</VASID>
    </SenderIdentification>
    <Recipients>
    <To><Number>7255441234</Number></To>
    <Cc><Number>7255443333</Number></Cc>
    <Bcc><RFC2822Address></RFC2822Address></Bcc>
    </Recipients>
    <ServiceCode>gold-sp33-im42</ServiceCode>
    <LinkedID>mms00016666</LinkedID>
    <MessageClass>Informational</MessageClass>
    <TimeStamp>2002-01-02T09:30:47-05:00</TimeStamp>
    <EarliestDeliveryTime>2002-01-02T09:30:47-05:00</EarliestDeliveryTime>
    <ExpiryDate>P90D</ExpiryDate>
    <DeliveryReport>true</DeliveryReport>
    <Priority>Normal</Priority>
    <Subject>News for today</Subject>
    <ChargedParty>Sender</ChargedParty>
    <DistributionIndicator>true</DistributionIndicator>
    <Content href="cid:"
    allowAdaptations="true"/>
    </SubmitReq>
    </env:Body>