"More Eric Meyer on CSS"

The Doormouse

brucie said:
my mouse doesn't have a ball and it still works!

.... heehee ... Yes, those are cool =)
you either have extremely cheap books or amazingly expensive printing
consumables.

Inkjet printing supplies cost a third of what a new printer is worth.
as you seem to have an attachment to books have you ever thought to
take them to your local copy place and having their spine guillotined
off and rebound with a spine that allows the book to lay flat? its
only about $5 and very convenient.

Yes, I used to work at Kinko's and did this to a few.

The Doormouse

The Doormouse

Lauri Raittila said:
Does the book have search function?

Yes it does. There are two - one at the front, and one in the back. Even
better, the search function built into the back displays an entire page
of keywords at one time in alphabetical order.

Books also come with a built-in UPS.
There is build in space for notes in my browser.

I tried using some of that, but the pen does not write very well on
glass.
Printed books get outdated.

Yes, like expired web pages. Plus, you never open a book and get a 404
error. The download speed is instantaneous.
OTOH, books hardly ever have any
information not available freely at WWW.

That's true, mostly. I often find web sites pretty haphazard, though.

The Doormouse

Blinky the Shark

And Clyde.

Winky and Slinky are second cousins. Kinky and and Dinky are first cousins.

Or are they brothers? I can never remember. But we were all in the
same...school.

Peacenik

The Doormouse said:
Hardcopy has advantages.

For example, I am relearning that which I forgot about C# - my reference
book is 1200+ pages. This book would be awkward to use online.

A book has built-in space for handwritten notes.

Web pages go down and, sadly, indexing the internet is like herding cats.
While Google does a good job, a book's table of contents and index are
just superior.

You can take a book anywhere, but you can't take the Internet anywhere. For
example, on a plane, or in the bathroom. For example, you can't easily get
into bed and curl up with a good website. And your spouse won't appreciate
it much if you bring your laptop to bed!!

Sid Ismail

On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 19:13:06 GMT, "Peacenik"

: For example, you can't easily get
: into bed and curl up with a good website.

Velvet bookcover?

Sid