    it will make my job more easier.

    thank you in advance,
    vishnu
    vishnu mahendra, Dec 4, 2003

  2. vishnu mahendra

    Grumble Guest

    vishnu mahendra wrote:
    > Can any one please kindly tell me
    > where can i find more header files so that
    > it will make my job more easier.

    Once, I took a detour which I thought was a shortcut, and ended up
    in /usr/include. I was awestruck and dumbfounded.
    Grumble, Dec 4, 2003

  3. (vishnu mahendra) wrote in

    > Can any one please kindly tell me
    > where can i find more header files so that
    > it will make my job more easier.

    I'd look in that corner over there... yes by the dill pickles.

    What kind of question is this? The only header files specified by the C
    language are the standard header files. Other possible header files that
    would make your, unknown to us, job more easy cannot be guessed at. See:

    http://www.acm.uiuc.edu/webmonkeys/book/c_guide/

    under section "2. Library" for the standard headers.

    --
    - Mark ->
    Mark A. Odell, Dec 4, 2003
  4. vishnu mahendra

    -berlin.de Guest

    vishnu mahendra <> wrote:
    > Can any one please kindly tell me
    > where can i find more header files so that
    > it will make my job more easier.

    Just the header files won't help you a bit, they only declare
    (but not define) functions, the code for the functions is in
    the libraries against which you must link your program. So
    without the libraries header files are completely useless.

    Regards, Jens
    --
    \ Jens Thoms Toerring ___ -berlin.de
    \__________________________ http://www.physik.fu-berlin.de/~toerring
    -berlin.de, Dec 4, 2003
  5. vishnu mahendra <> spoke thus:

    > Can any one please kindly tell me
    > where can i find more header files so that
    > it will make my job more easier.

    I use a non-standard header called easyjob.h that looks like

    #ifndef _EASYJOB_H
    #define _EASYJOB_H
    #define _MAKE_JOB_EASY 1
    void do_work_for_u( void ); /* cleans bathroom, does taxes */
    #endif

    I find this header to be the best out there.

    Christopher Benson-Manica, Dec 4, 2003
  6. vishnu mahendra

    Dan Pop Guest

    In <> (vishnu mahendra) writes:

    >Can any one please kindly tell me
    >where can i find more header files so that
    >it will make my job more easier.

    What is your job and how could more header files make it any easier?

    On a Unix system, you can find plenty of header files in /usr/include
    and its subdirectories.

    Dan
    --
    Dan Pop
    DESY Zeuthen, RZ group
    Dan Pop, Dec 4, 2003
  7. vishnu mahendra

    osmium Guest

    vishnu mahendra writes:

    > Can any one please kindly tell me
    > where can i find more header files so that
    > it will make my job more easier.

    As you know by now, if you don't use *exactly* the right word around here
    you will have ridicule heaped upon you. Heaping ridicule is considered good
    sport and quite witty. If the target has a different native language things
    can become even more hilarious.

    Try this:

    http://www.trumphurst.com/cpplibs/cpplibs.phtml

    Those are C++ libraries but there may be some useful leads in there anyway.
    I suspect there is a similar page for C but I don't know it. Also try
    google with <c libraries> as a target. Try modifying that with words such
    as gnu, boost, bignum, snippets, walnut, sourceforge, .... .
    osmium, Dec 4, 2003
  8. vishnu mahendra

    Jack Klein Guest

    On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 16:36:35 +0000 (UTC), Christopher Benson-Manica
    <> wrote in comp.lang.c:

    > vishnu mahendra <> spoke thus:
    >
    > > Can any one please kindly tell me
    > > where can i find more header files so that
    > > it will make my job more easier.

    > I use a non-standard header called easyjob.h that looks like
    >
    > #ifndef _EASYJOB_H
    > #define _EASYJOB_H
    > #define _MAKE_JOB_EASY 1
    > void do_work_for_u( void ); /* cleans bathroom, does taxes */
    > #endif
    >
    > I find this header to be the best out there.

    The C police will be paying you a visit shortly for using symbols
    reserved for the implementation in all contexts, namely those
    beginning with an underscore followed by an uppercase letter.

    Illegal C programmers will be prosecuted. Or persecuted. Whatever.

    --
    Jack Klein
    Home: http://JK-Technology.Com
    Jack Klein, Dec 5, 2003
  9. "osmium" <> wrote in
    news:bqnqvm$240l32$-berlin.de on Thu 04 Dec 2003
    12:30:14p:

    > vishnu mahendra writes:
    >
    >> Can any one please kindly tell me
    >> where can i find more header files so that it will make my job more
    >> easier.

    > As you know by now, if you don't use *exactly* the right word around
    > here you will have ridicule heaped upon you.

    We value clear, non-ambiguous communication. That's common in technical
    fora around the world. If you don't bother to learn the language, why
    should we bother to help you?

    > Heaping ridicule is
    > considered good sport and quite witty. If the target has a different
    > native language things can become even more hilarious.

    Again, nobody is obligated to give help for free. Would you rather be
    charged for all of the info this newsgroup gives out free?

    > Try this:
    >
    > http://www.trumphurst.com/cpplibs/cpplibs.phtml
    >
    > Those are C++ libraries but there may be some useful leads in there
    > anyway.

    No, not really. Don't confuse him with C++ information. C can be complex
    enough for a newbie.

    > I suspect there is a similar page for C but I don't know it.

    Then that would be a good time to exercise your right to remain silent.

    > Also try google with <c libraries> as a target. Try modifying that
    > with words such as gnu, boost, bignum, snippets, walnut, sourceforge,
    > .... .

    Including the word 'standard' in there would be very helpful. Not that
    you'd know anything about that.

    August Derleth, Dec 5, 2003