more menu problems - again

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jeff, Jul 26, 2006.

  1. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    hey

    asp.net 2.0

    I'm creating a web portal using master pages and sitemaps!

    My web portal consist of 2 menus (a header menu which goes horizontally
    across the top of the page. And a sidebar menu to the left. The menuitmes
    shown in the sidebar menu is dependent on what menuitem is selected in the
    main menu.)

    In one of the webpages a repeater control displays a list of data. Each item
    in the repeater control has a link to another page displaying more info
    about the item (item in repeater control). My problem is that when showing
    this page with detailed info the sidebar menu don't show any menuitems. I
    want it to display "ItemA", "ItemB" etc (part of my sitemap is listed
    below).

    Yes, the parent node of "ItemA", "ItemB" (I refer to my sitemap below) is
    empty, it's because I don't want it to be displayed in the main menu...
    maybe it should have a value so the .sitemap knows what child menuitems to
    display??

    This is the code that adds the links to the items in the repeater control:
    link =
    (System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlAnchor)e.Item.FindControl("LinkToProfile");
    link.HRef = "~/Member.aspx?uid=" + subscriber.UserName;

    Maybe I could solve this problem by substituting the HREF of the link
    (System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlAnchor, see my code above), with a call to a
    method. Then this method could do a Server.Transfer! But I don't know how to
    call a method from a link...

    Maybe there are better solutions to this problem?

    <siteMapNode url="~/Network.aspx" title="Network" description="" >
    <siteMapNode url="~/Search.aspx" title="Search" description="" />
    <siteMapNode url="" title="Invite" description="" />
    </siteMapNode>
    <siteMapNode url="" title="" description="" >
    <siteMapNode url="" title="ItemA" description="" />
    <siteMapNode url="" title="ItemB" description="" />
    <siteMapNode url="" title="ItemC" description="" />
    <siteMapNode url="" title="ItemD" description="" />
    <siteMapNode url="" title="ItemE" description="" />
    <siteMapNode url="" title="ItemF" description="" />
    <siteMapNode url="" title="ItemG" description="" />
    </siteMapNode>

    Any suggestions?

    Jeff

    Jeff, Jul 26, 2006