    Unique visit and 5 visits from me. So it is normal for the Visits to
    exceed the Unique Visitors. But if the Unique visitors are more than the
    Visits, how how did that happen ?
    meltedown, Oct 16, 2006

  2. meltedown

    Andrew Guest

    On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 05:48:43 GMT, meltedown <> wrote:

    >If I visit your site and then come back 4 more times you should see one
    >Unique visit and 5 visits from me. So it is normal for the Visits to
    >exceed the Unique Visitors. But if the Unique visitors are more than the
    >Visits, how how did that happen ?

    Hi,

    Not sure about this one but....

    Do you know how to catch a unique rabbit?

    Andrew
    --

    Andrew
    http://www.andrews-corner.org/
    Andrew, Oct 16, 2006

  3. meltedown

    Andrew Guest

    On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 16:26:09 +1000, Andrew
    <sorry.no.email@post_NG.com> wrote:

    >On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 05:48:43 GMT, meltedown <> wrote:
    >

    >>If I visit your site and then come back 4 more times you should see one
    >>Unique visit and 5 visits from me. So it is normal for the Visits to
    >>exceed the Unique Visitors. But if the Unique visitors are more than the
    >>Visits, how how did that happen ?

    >Hi,
    >
    > Not sure about this one but....
    >
    >Do you know how to catch a unique rabbit?
    >
    > Andrew

    Hi,

    You 'nique' up on it.

    Andrew
    --

    Andrew
    http://www.andrews-corner.org/
    Andrew, Oct 16, 2006
  4. meltedown

    Sanny Guest

    meltedown wrote:
    > If I visit your site and then come back 4 more times you should see one
    > Unique visit and 5 visits from me. So it is normal for the Visits to
    > exceed the Unique Visitors. But if the Unique visitors are more than the
    > Visits, how how did that happen ?

    Are you using Frames?

    Use below Counter

    http://www.softtanks.com/mycounter.php?webid=1

    Bye
    Sanny
    Sanny, Oct 16, 2006
  5. meltedown

    Brian Cryer Guest

    "meltedown" <> wrote in message

    > If I visit your site and then come back 4 more times you should see one
    > Unique visit and 5 visits from me. So it is normal for the Visits to
    > exceed the Unique Visitors. But if the Unique visitors are more than the
    > Visits, how how did that happen ?

    What package are you using that reports more visitors than unique visitors?

    Assuming that visitors are tracked by IP address then I can't see any
    mechanism that would give you more unique visitors than visits. (As you
    already know, the other way round is easy.) If you are using some custom
    package that uses information other than IP address then I would suspect its
    logic to be faulty.
    --
    Brian Cryer
    www.cryer.co.uk/brian
    Brian Cryer, Oct 16, 2006
  6. meltedown

    Steve Pugh Guest

    meltedown wrote:
    > If I visit your site and then come back 4 more times you should see one
    > Unique visit and 5 visits from me. So it is normal for the Visits to
    > exceed the Unique Visitors. But if the Unique visitors are more than the
    > Visits, how how did that happen ?

    How is your stats program defining a visit?

    It may be that a visit is counted as only including visits to 'pages'
    and if you have a lot of hot linking to images or other non-page files
    then many of the unique visitors may not be making a 'visit' at all.

    Steve
    Steve Pugh, Oct 16, 2006
  7. meltedown

    Jim Moe Guest

    meltedown wrote:
    > If I visit your site and then come back 4 more times you should see one
    > Unique visit and 5 visits from me. So it is normal for the Visits to
    > exceed the Unique Visitors. But if the Unique visitors are more than the
    > Visits, how how did that happen ?

    You have almost no return visitors?

    (Remove .AXSPAMGN for email)
    Jim Moe, Oct 16, 2006
  8. meltedown

    richard Guest

    "meltedown" <> wrote in message

    > If I visit your site and then come back 4 more times you should see one
    > Unique visit and 5 visits from me. So it is normal for the Visits to
    > exceed the Unique Visitors. But if the Unique visitors are more than the
    > Visits, how how did that happen ?

    Those extra unique visitors are only visiting one page then leaving.
    If you have page visits, find out which page is being visited the most, the
    numbers should nearly match.
    richard, Oct 16, 2006
  9. meltedown

    meltedown Guest

    Jim Moe wrote:
    > meltedown wrote:
    >> If I visit your site and then come back 4 more times you should see one
    >> Unique visit and 5 visits from me. So it is normal for the Visits to
    >> exceed the Unique Visitors. But if the Unique visitors are more than the
    >> Visits, how how did that happen ?

    > You have almost no return visitors?

    In that case the unique and total visits will be equal. It doesn't
    explain how Unique visits can exceed total visits.
    meltedown, Oct 16, 2006
  10. meltedown

    Steve Pugh Guest

    richard wrote:
    > "meltedown" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > If I visit your site and then come back 4 more times you should see one
    > > Unique visit and 5 visits from me. So it is normal for the Visits to
    > > exceed the Unique Visitors. But if the Unique visitors are more than the
    > > Visits, how how did that happen ?

    > Those extra unique visitors are only visiting one page then leaving.
    > If you have page visits, find out which page is being visited the most, the
    > numbers should nearly match.

    As ever, richard is talking rubbish.

    A one page visit is still a visit so should be counted in the total
    number of visits.

    richard, in web analytics a visit is normally a visit to the site and
    will include one or more page views. Even if it was a page view, how
    could, for example, 100 people looking at 1 page each only add up to 70
    page views?

    It's conceivable but unlikely that the analytics software being used
    has been configured to not count a one page visit as a visit. There may
    be some cases where that's a valid analysis choice but it should not be
    a default setting.

    Steve
    Steve Pugh, Oct 17, 2006