moving encryption keycontainers

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Eric Johnson, Feb 14, 2006.

  1. Eric Johnson

    Eric Johnson Guest

    I've been looking at this off and on for a few days now and can't figure
    out how to simply move a keycontainer from one machine to another. I've
    tried several things:

    * creating a pfx file and importing it on the target machine - this
    gets a keycontainer created on the target machine, but it no longer has
    the name I need it to (for code to access it). Instead, it has a guid as
    the name.

    * RSACryptoServiceProvider.ExportCspBlob and ImportCspBlob

    * RSACryptoServiceProvider.ToXmlString(true) and FromXmlString()

    I haven't yet tried RSACryptoServiceProvider.ExportParameters and
    reimporting them on the target machine.

    Am I going about this completely wrong?

    Thanks,
    Eric