Msbuild and data service reference

chris.kennedy

This is a little OT. I have a website which uses vb classes in the
app_code folder which in turn call a data service. I want compile the
app_code vb files into a separate dll (to use Sandcastle on them) with
MSBuild (it's a bit of a work around). When I run my MSbuild file I
need it to reference the classes created by service reference. How do
I reference them in my build file. Is this a complete nonstarter. I
have been told that we have to use website projects and I thought this
might be a workaround. Also what about the web config.

<Project DefaultTargets="Compile" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/
developer/msbuild/2003">
<ItemGroup>
<VBFile Include="App_Code\BLL\Advice.vb"/>
<VBFile Include="App_Code\BLL\Documents.vb"/>
<VBFile Include="App_Code\CustomTypes\CustomTypes.vb"/>
<VBFile Include="App_Code\Misc\helper\datehelper.vb"/>
<VBFile Include="App_Code\Misc\helper\errorhelper.vb"/>
<VBFile Include="App_Code\Misc\helper\filehelper.vb"/>
<VBFile Include="App_Code\Misc\helper\permissionhelper.vb"/>
<VBFile Include="App_Code\Misc\helper\stringhelper.vb"/>
<VBFile Include="App_Code\Misc\helper\validationhelper.vb"/>
</ItemGroup>
<PropertyGroup>
<OutputPath>C:\Systems\MSBuild\MSBuild\MSBuildProj\bin\debug</
OutputPath>
<AssemblyName>$(OutputPath)\advice.dll</AssemblyName>
<Optimize>false</Optimize>
</PropertyGroup>
<Target Name="Compile">
<Vbc Sources="@(VBFile)"