MSDE database distribution?

Edwin E. Smith

If I develope an application which uses the MSDE database engine, can I
distribute MSDE with the product or would the customer be required to DL it
himself?

Edwin
---

Freehold Consulting
502 Lewis
Coffeyville, KS 67337

620-251-6496
620-988-0137 (cell)
http://www.freeholdconsulting.com

There are 10 kinds of people in the world.
Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Jeff Hora [MSFT]

Hi Edwin,

The full story on distribuing MSDE with your application can be found at
http://www.microsoft.com/sql/msde/howtobuy/msdeuse.mspx, but the short
answer is "yes" if you used one of these tools to create it:

. ASP.NET Web Matrix

. MSDN® Universal, Enterprise, and Professional subscriptions

. Microsoft Office XP Developer Edition

. SQL Server 2000 Developer, Standard, and Enterprise Editions

. Microsoft Visual Studio® .NET Architect, Developer, and Professional
Editions

. Microsoft Visual FoxPro® 7.0 or 8.0

See that site for how to register for the free redistribution rights and
some other help ful info.
--
Jeff Hora
MCSD (.NET & VS6), ITIL Foundations

Edwin E. Smith

Thanks. I should have done more searching myself but you saved me the time
and pointed me to the exact page I needed. Microsoft is so vast that it's
hard to find stuff sometimes.

Edwin