Multi tier web application security architecture

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by lobezno, Jan 13, 2009.

  1. lobezno

    lobezno Guest

    Hello!

    I'm trying to design a security architecture in this enviroment:

    I have an extranet web site. This extranet is in a domain A and uses windows
    integrated security to authenticate the users.

    In another domain B (intranet), I have a web server with webservices which
    are called from entranet aspx pages. This web services, calls bussiness layer
    in another app server. Finally, I have a SQLServer backend that is accessed
    by bussiness layer.
    A tipically distibuted multi-tier application: IIS web application (UI) ->
    Service Layer (in the intranet)->Bussiness Layer (intranet)->SQL Server
    (backend intranet).

    My DBA says to me that I must use Windows security to SQL server access,
    because, they want to do an access auditory. But this means that users in
    domain A, should access to SQLServer that is in domain B.
    Domains A and B are accessible throught Internet and actually are not
    trusted (but it can be)

    Wich is the best security architecture for this scenario?? and Which is the
    best architecture if I have not the DBA requirements and extranet web site,
    could use any authentication system??

    Thanks a lot.
    Best regards!
    lobezno, Jan 13, 2009