multiform asp file download

Al

Hello,
I am using enctype of multipart/form-data to transfer
files. However, in the target page (action), I can only
retrieve the file. ie. If I call Request.BinaryRead, then
Request doesnt process Form or QueryString anymore. If I
access Form/ QueryString, BinaryRead doesnt work anymore.

Is this by design? If so, how can I pass parameter to the
target page, alongwith file?

I am working on ASP 2.0 anyway.

Thanks in advance,
Alwin S.

Ray at

Give this page a read.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnasdj01/html/asp0900.asp Take
special note of this paragraph:

An interesting side effect of the BinaryRead method is that, once you've
used it, you can no longer access the contents of the Request.Form or
Request.QueryString collections! The unexpected flip-side of this is that if
you access either the Request.Form or Request.QueryString collections, you
can't use BinaryRead! This means that you can't mix and match these two ways
of getting at posted data. So, if you want to post other form data along
with your file, you'll have to dig it out of the posted data by hand.

Ray at work