multiple schema elements in one file?

Ingo Siebert

Hi,

is it possible to have more than one schema in one file defined?
Is something like the code below possible?

<xsd:schemas>
<xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" ... >
<xsd:element name="execute"> ...
</xsd:schema>

<xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" ... >
<xsd:element name="execute"> ...
</xsd:schema>
</xsd:schemas>

Background (why do i ask that):
I want to define complex objects in different namespaces, because my
code generation tool generates java packages for every namespace.
I don't want to have all generated object in one namespace and i don't
want to create a new file for every namespace.

Cheers,

Ingo

Martin Honnen

Ingo said:
is it possible to have more than one schema in one file defined?
Is something like the code below possible?

<xsd:schemas>
<xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" ... >
<xsd:element name="execute"> ...
</xsd:schema>

<xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" ... >
<xsd:element name="execute"> ...
</xsd:schema>
</xsd:schemas>

With the W3C XSD schema language you need one schema for each target
namespace.