    the same machine? I don't want the latest release to wipe out the old
    one.

    , Feb 24, 2006

  2. Olivier Guest

    a écrit :

    > Is it safe to install more than one version of Python / PythonWin on
    > the same machine?

    Sure, it is, just specify a different path for the installer. You'll
    probably want to create two scripts python21.bat and python24.bat and
    put them in your path to launch the relevant version at will.

    Olivier

    Olivier, Feb 24, 2006

  3. Fuzzyman Guest

    wrote:
    > I have Python 2.1 / PythonWin 2.1 installed on my machine because I
    > need it for use with ESRI's ArcGIS Desktop software, but I want to play
    > with a more recent version of Python.
    >
    > Is it safe to install more than one version of Python / PythonWin on
    > the same machine? I don't want the latest release to wipe out the old
    > one.

    An alternative technique is to use Movable Python which doesn't need to
    be installed. This gives you a portable programming environment for
    Python 2.4 (or 2.3 or 2.2) which you can carry from machine to machine
    on a USB key.

    http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/movpy/

    All the best,

    Fuzzyman