Multithreaded library for Python?

Robert Dailey

Hey guys,

I realize the python library has multithreading support in it, but not
the kind I'm really looking for. I want something like Intel's TBB,
but for Python 3.1. I need to be able to spawn off "Tasks" that
operate until completed and then end by themselves. I could create my
own framework for this, but why bother if a solution already exists?
Anyone know of any libraries out there that would work?

Dennis Lee Bieber

I realize the python library has multithreading support in it, but not
the kind I'm really looking for. I want something like Intel's TBB,
but for Python 3.1. I need to be able to spawn off "Tasks" that
operate until completed and then end by themselves. I could create my
own framework for this, but why bother if a solution already exists?
Anyone know of any libraries out there that would work?

Uhm, didn't "multiprocessing" make it to 3.x?

Though unless a thread is converted to daemon, they do operate until
completed and end on their own -- the main program, as I recall, won't
even exit if any non-daemon threads are alive.