My tree view doesnt work and the page gives error ....

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by contactme.navin, Oct 16, 2006.

  1. Hi,

    I have problem in displaying the treeview in my asp pages.

    I had used the obout.com tree view to display the tree navigation in
    the webpages.

    Following is the error i got in the page. Should i need to do any thing
    for the obout tree view configuration.

    "Server object error 'ASP 0177 : 800401f3'

    Server.CreateObject Failed

    /medlife/scripts_bt/LNav.asp, line 76

    800401f3 "

    Error comes in this line of code (arrowed line)

    If rsTemp.RecordCount > 0 Then
    intFieldCount = rsTemp.Fields.Count
    -------------------> Set oTree =
    Server.CreateObject("obout_asptreeview_XP.tree")
    oTree.TreeIcons_Path = FLD_TREE_ICON
    oTree.TreeStyle_Path = FLD_TREE_ICON & "/" & FIL_TREE_STYLE
    oTree.SelectedNode_Enable = False

    anyone help me please.

    Thanks,
    Navin
    contactme.navin, Oct 16, 2006

    http://classicasp.aspfaq.com/components/why-do-i-get-800401f3/800a01ad-errors.html
    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Oct 16, 2006

  3. I am using a shared hosting server in gate.com,

    How do i register the dll for tree view with server. Will the option be
    given for the shared hosting providers.

    Thanks,
    Navin
    contactme.navin, Oct 16, 2006
  4. contactme.navin wrote:
    > I am using a shared hosting server in gate.com,
    >
    > How do i register the dll for tree view with server. Will the option
    > be given for the shared hosting providers.

    Contact your hosting provider. If you want to use the dll, then it has
    to be registered. If the host will not register it for you, then you
    have two choices:
    1. find a different host
    2. rewrite the application so it does not need the dll.

    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Oct 16, 2006
  5. Thanks for your answer, I will work on that.

    Thanks
    Navin

    contactme.navin, Oct 16, 2006