    is not advised.....??

    I really need help so _ANY_ constructive comments greatly appreciated.

    Flash

    JJ, Jun 2, 2006

  2. JJ

    dmm Guest

    OK so I not an expert never having built an ASP.NET web app against mySQL,
    however, I have built an app that talked to mySQL and had web bits that
    talked to the backend in php.

    I think the most pertinent part of my experience as it applies to you is
    that you should be using the managed connectors to mySQL [1].

    As for the recommendations that you don't bind your web controls to mySQL?
    Seems a bit odd and I suspect your sources are a little misinformed.

    HTHs

    [1]
    http://www.mysql.com/products/connector/net/

    dmm, Jun 2, 2006

  3. JJ

    JJ Guest

    Hi - Thanks for your reply - Thats certainly one vote for the .net
    connector. Some seem to be having probls with it - at least in .net 2.0.

    The article regarding the bdinging issue is here:
    http://www.vbmysql.com/articles/visual-basic/no_data_binding.html

    ??

    Flash

    JJ, Jun 2, 2006
  4. JJ

    JJ Guest

    The article regarding the binding issue is here:

    JJ, Jun 2, 2006