Mysterious addition to URL in ASP.Net 2

Cyril Gupta

Hello Friends & Experts,

I am having a little problem with my new Asp.net 2 website. Whenever I run
the website (in debug, or on server) a mysterious text is added to my URL
like this: -

http://localhost:1385/BlogAggregator/(S(mlsbaxvec14tfxigjuyhsi55))/Default.aspx

First the app loads the regular url
http://localhost:1385/BlogAggregator/Default.aspx

and then re-directs to the earlier URL.

What is happening?

Also my session variables and cookies are nt working.

Please help.

Thanks
Cyril Gupta

nahid

Hello Friends & Experts,

I am having a little problem with my new Asp.net 2 website. Whenever I run
the website (in debug, or on server) a mysterious text is added to my URL
like this: -

http://localhost:1385/BlogAggregator/(S(mlsbaxvec14tfxigjuyhsi55))/De...

First the app loads the regular urlhttp://localhost:1385/BlogAggregator/Default.aspx

and then re-directs to the earlier URL.

What is happening?

Also my session variables and cookies are nt working.

Please help.

Thanks
Cyril Gupta

hi,
please check in web config following
<sessionState mode="InProc"
stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424"
sqlConnectionString="data source=127.0.0.1;Trusted_Connection=yes"
cookieless="false" timeout="1"/>
it seems you are runn in cookieless="true"

hope this help

nahid
http://nahidulkibria.blogspot.com/
http://kaz.com.bd/

Cyril Gupta

Hello nahid,

Yes, it helped. Thank you very much Nahid!.

:)

Cheers!

-- You can do anything with a little bit of 'magination.

-- I've been programming so long, my brain is now software.