n00b needs SQL Server

newgenre

I am trying to implement a package of pre-built code under ASP.NET which
creates an internet forum on your website. It asks me to know my sql server
name, username, password, etc..
As I am relatively new to this game, and do not have the resources to buy a
$5000 sql server; is there a way around this? Can I use Microsoft Access to
accomplish the same thing? Is there a free sql server product that people
use?

Jim