narrowing the white space in h tags

Athel Cornish-Bowden

http://roadtrip08.1littleworld.com/index2.html

Just playing around with one idea.

As you can see, there is an abundant amount of space above and below
the h tags. How does one go about eliminating or narrowing that extra
space properly?

The spacing looks fine in my browser, so no, I cannot see.

However, if you want to specify things like this you need to use CSS.
Rather to my surprise I see on looking at your code that you _are_
using CSS, albeit not to address the "problem" that is bothering you.

John Hosking

richard said:
http://roadtrip08.1littleworld.com/index2.html

Just playing around with one idea.

As you can see, there is an abundant amount of space above and below
the h tags. How does one go about eliminating or narrowing that extra
space properly?

Well, I _can't_ see an abundant amount of space, but then, I don't know
what you mean by "h tags".

I rather assumed you meant heading elements, like h1, h2, h6, etc. but
you don't seem to be using them either.

I can only assume I'm looking at the wrong page (or you've changed it
between providing the URL and my visit).

Otherwise, I would have suggested something like margin-top:0.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

John said:
Well, I _can't_ see an abundant amount of space, but then, I don't
know what you mean by "h tags".

I rather assumed you meant heading elements, like h1, h2, h6, etc.
but you don't seem to be using them either.

Nope, nothing but tables for layout, ancient <center> elements, image
links opening new windows, all on a purple background.

Blinky the Shark

Beauregard said:
Nope, nothing but tables for layout, ancient <center> elements, image
links opening new windows, all on a purple background.

I'd suggest a booby prize. But why waste good boobies on that? :)