    As you can see, there is an abundant amount of space above and below
    the h tags. How does one go about eliminating or narrowing that extra
    space properly?

    richard, Apr 26, 2008

  2. On 2008-04-26 18:49:15 +0200, richard <> said:

    > http://roadtrip08.1littleworld.com/index2.html
    >
    > Just playing around with one idea.
    >
    > As you can see, there is an abundant amount of space above and below
    > the h tags. How does one go about eliminating or narrowing that extra
    > space properly?

    The spacing looks fine in my browser, so no, I cannot see.

    However, if you want to specify things like this you need to use CSS.
    Rather to my surprise I see on looking at your code that you _are_
    using CSS, albeit not to address the "problem" that is bothering you.
    --
    athel

    Athel Cornish-Bowden, Apr 26, 2008

  3. richard

    richard Guest

    On Sat, 26 Apr 2008 09:49:15 -0700, richard <> wrote:

    >http://roadtrip08.1littleworld.com/index2.html
    >
    >Just playing around with one idea.
    >
    >As you can see, there is an abundant amount of space above and below
    >the h tags. How does one go about eliminating or narrowing that extra
    >space properly?

    Opted out to use styling instead. Looks a little better.

    richard, Apr 26, 2008
  4. richard

    John Hosking Guest

    richard wrote:
    > http://roadtrip08.1littleworld.com/index2.html
    >
    > Just playing around with one idea.
    >
    > As you can see, there is an abundant amount of space above and below
    > the h tags. How does one go about eliminating or narrowing that extra
    > space properly?

    Well, I _can't_ see an abundant amount of space, but then, I don't know
    what you mean by "h tags".

    I rather assumed you meant heading elements, like h1, h2, h6, etc. but
    you don't seem to be using them either.

    I can only assume I'm looking at the wrong page (or you've changed it
    between providing the URL and my visit).

    Otherwise, I would have suggested something like margin-top:0.

    --
    John
    Pondering the value of the UIP: http://improve-usenet.org/

    John Hosking, Apr 26, 2008
  5. John Hosking wrote:

    > richard wrote:
    >> http://roadtrip08.1littleworld.com/index2.html
    >>
    >> Just playing around with one idea.
    >>
    >> As you can see, there is an abundant amount of space above and below
    >> the h tags. How does one go about eliminating or narrowing that
    >> extra space properly?

    > Well, I _can't_ see an abundant amount of space, but then, I don't
    > know what you mean by "h tags".
    >
    > I rather assumed you meant heading elements, like h1, h2, h6, etc.
    > but you don't seem to be using them either.

    Nope, nothing but tables for layout, ancient <center> elements, image
    links opening new windows, all on a purple background.

    --
    -bts
    -Friends don't let friends drive Vista

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Apr 27, 2008
  6. Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    > John Hosking wrote:
    >
    >> richard wrote:
    >>> http://roadtrip08.1littleworld.com/index2.html
    >>>
    >>> Just playing around with one idea.
    >>>
    >>> As you can see, there is an abundant amount of space above and below
    >>> the h tags. How does one go about eliminating or narrowing that extra
    >>> space properly?

    >> Well, I _can't_ see an abundant amount of space, but then, I don't know
    >> what you mean by "h tags".
    >>
    >> I rather assumed you meant heading elements, like h1, h2, h6, etc. but
    >> you don't seem to be using them either.

    > Nope, nothing but tables for layout, ancient <center> elements, image
    > links opening new windows, all on a purple background.

    I'd suggest a booby prize. But why waste good boobies on that? :)

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 27, 2008