    language before i start playing around with it.
    what does everyone else think?

    thanks so much in advance,
    JROCKS11, Dec 28, 2003

  2. JROCKS11 wrote:

    > does anyone have any suggestions as to websites, especially tutorials and
    > books, etc where i can begin my quest to learn how to process natural language
    > queries using java?
    > i hvae heard of javaCC but i would like to read a tutorial or book on natural
    > language before i start playing around with it.
    > what does everyone else think?
    >
    > thanks so much in advance,

    Take a look here:
    http://www.tcfb.com/freetechbooks/index.html

    In the section compiler design, download the book "Parsing Techniques -
    A Practical Guide". This could could be just what you are looking for,
    although it doesn't specifically deal with natural language parsing.
    --
    Daniel Sjöblom
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Daniel_Sj=F6blom?=, Dec 29, 2003

  3. "JROCKS11" <> wrote in message
    > does anyone have any suggestions as to websites, especially tutorials and
    > books, etc where i can begin my quest to learn how to process natural

    language
    > queries using java?

    You might be better off coming up with
    an algorithm first. After you find a suitable
    algorithm, pick the best language to
    program it in.

    If that language is Java, do some tutorials,
    hack out some code, and come here when
    you trip up.

    It is the algortihm you need though, before
    worrying about asking questions in a Java
    group.

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    Andrew Thompson, Dec 29, 2003
  4. On 28 Dec 2003 22:55:41 GMT, JROCKS11 wrote:
    > does anyone have any suggestions as to websites, especially
    > tutorials and books, etc where i can begin my quest to learn how to
    > process natural language queries using java?

    I suggest that you hang out in a more suitable newsgroup such as
    comp.ai.nat-lang, since techniques for parsing natural language don't
    really depend so much on Java.

    People in that group will be able to point you at appropriate tools
    (some of which might be Java based). More importantly they can help
    you with the real problems associated with parsing natural language.
    Don't be put off by the "ai" in the name.

    /gordon

    Gordon Beaton, Dec 29, 2003