natural language recognition

JROCKS11

does anyone have any suggestions as to websites, especially tutorials and
books, etc where i can begin my quest to learn how to process natural language
queries using java?
i hvae heard of javaCC but i would like to read a tutorial or book on natural
language before i start playing around with it.
what does everyone else think?

thanks so much in advance,

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Daniel_Sj=F6blom?=

JROCKS11 said:
does anyone have any suggestions as to websites, especially tutorials and
books, etc where i can begin my quest to learn how to process natural language
queries using java?
i hvae heard of javaCC but i would like to read a tutorial or book on natural
language before i start playing around with it.
what does everyone else think?

thanks so much in advance,

Take a look here:
http://www.tcfb.com/freetechbooks/index.html

In the section compiler design, download the book "Parsing Techniques -
A Practical Guide". This could could be just what you are looking for,
although it doesn't specifically deal with natural language parsing.

Andrew Thompson

JROCKS11 said:
does anyone have any suggestions as to websites, especially tutorials and
books, etc where i can begin my quest to learn how to process natural language
queries using java?

You might be better off coming up with
an algorithm first. After you find a suitable
algorithm, pick the best language to
program it in.

If that language is Java, do some tutorials,
hack out some code, and come here when
you trip up.

It is the algortihm you need though, before
worrying about asking questions in a Java
group.

Gordon Beaton

does anyone have any suggestions as to websites, especially
tutorials and books, etc where i can begin my quest to learn how to
process natural language queries using java?

I suggest that you hang out in a more suitable newsgroup such as
comp.ai.nat-lang, since techniques for parsing natural language don't
really depend so much on Java.

People in that group will be able to point you at appropriate tools
(some of which might be Java based). More importantly they can help
you with the real problems associated with parsing natural language.
Don't be put off by the "ai" in the name.

/gordon