Need a cheap basic UK host

Aaron Whiffin

We are always on the lookout for hosts/ISPs for our clients.

Usualll we have three kinds of packages we need:

Domain names - to point to other web space
Cheap and cheerful hosts
Linux hosts that support PHP + MySQL

We usually get domain names for £5 ish
We get 'advanced' hosts with about 10gb transfer for £86 pa
We are looking for a new source of cheap host (<£30 pa inc domain name)

Are streamlinenet.co.uk any good? - their prices look good (£18.99 pa inc
domain etc) but I have no experience.

So far we've used iomarthosting.co.uk, pobox.co.uk, dataflame.co.uk,
oneandone.co.uk ...

Any other ideas on good ISPs.

Must be UK based
Must have good support
Must be reliable
Must be easy to use/administer

Ideas?

Cheers

Philip Ronan

Aaron said:
We are always on the lookout for hosts/ISPs for our clients.

Usualll we have three kinds of packages we need:

Domain names - to point to other web space
Cheap and cheerful hosts
Linux hosts that support PHP + MySQL

We usually get domain names for £5 ish
We get 'advanced' hosts with about 10gb transfer for £86 pa
We are looking for a new source of cheap host (<£30 pa inc domain name)

Try 34sp.com

Their servers use FreeBSD (not Linux), but apart from that they fit the
bill. Hosting starts at £15 per year for 1GB bandwidth. Their support is
pretty damn good.

They also have "reseller" packages which would work out even cheaper if you
intend to set up several domains

Don't forget to tell them I sent you :)