Need a cheap basic UK host

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Aaron Whiffin, Feb 17, 2005.

  1. We are always on the lookout for hosts/ISPs for our clients.

    Usualll we have three kinds of packages we need:

    Domain names - to point to other web space
    Cheap and cheerful hosts
    Linux hosts that support PHP + MySQL

    We usually get domain names for £5 ish
    We get 'advanced' hosts with about 10gb transfer for £86 pa
    We are looking for a new source of cheap host (<£30 pa inc domain name)

    Are streamlinenet.co.uk any good? - their prices look good (£18.99 pa inc
    domain etc) but I have no experience.

    So far we've used iomarthosting.co.uk, pobox.co.uk, dataflame.co.uk,
    oneandone.co.uk ...

    Any other ideas on good ISPs.

    Must be UK based
    Must have good support
    Must be reliable
    Must be easy to use/administer

    Ideas?

    Cheers

    Aaron Whiffin, Feb 17, 2005

  2. Aaron Whiffin

    Philip Ronan Guest

    Aaron Whiffin wrote:

    > We are always on the lookout for hosts/ISPs for our clients.
    >
    > Usualll we have three kinds of packages we need:
    >
    > Domain names - to point to other web space
    > Cheap and cheerful hosts
    > Linux hosts that support PHP + MySQL
    >
    > We usually get domain names for £5 ish
    > We get 'advanced' hosts with about 10gb transfer for £86 pa
    > We are looking for a new source of cheap host (<£30 pa inc domain name)

    Try 34sp.com

    Their servers use FreeBSD (not Linux), but apart from that they fit the
    bill. Hosting starts at £15 per year for 1GB bandwidth. Their support is
    pretty damn good.

    They also have "reseller" packages which would work out even cheaper if you
    intend to set up several domains

    Don't forget to tell them I sent you :)

    --
    phil [dot] ronan @ virgin [dot] net