Need a very good plugin for UML for Eclipse 3.1.1

Discussion in 'Java' started by John, Mar 9, 2006.

  1. John

    John Guest

    Hi all,
    in the office I work with RAD 6.0, and at home I work with Eclipse
    3.1.1. I need a very good UML Modeling Editor for Eclipse like RAD has.
    I searched and tried several plugins for Eclipse, but there is always
    something missing: either it was not possible to create Sequence
    Diagrams, or it was not possible to drag and drop a whole class into a
    Class Diagram (well, actually it did that, but without displaying its
    members), and so on. The list of uncomplete features for such an
    Eclipse plugin (compared with what RAD 6.0 offers) is quite long...

    So: can somebody indicate me a plugin for Eclipse that covers the same
    features like that from RAD 6.0?

    I really would like to stay with Eclipse because of its flexibility,
    and especially because it took me a long time to learn to use all its
    capabilities. A change to Lomboz, MyEclipse or Sun Java Studio
    Enterprise would be really an "ultima ratio" for me.

    I appreciate every contribution you will post here, thank you very much
    in advance.
    John
    John, Mar 9, 2006

  2. John

    James McGill Guest

    On Thu, 2006-03-09 at 15:38 -0800, John wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > in the office I work with RAD 6.0, and at home I work with Eclipse
    > 3.1.1. I need a very good UML Modeling Editor for Eclipse like RAD has.

    I would like to see a definitive list of even the not-so-great ones, and
    not necessarily just Eclipse plugins.

    I've gotten frustrated with ArgoUML, Poseidon, Visual Paradigm,
    Umbrello, and Visio. The Eclipse modelling plugins I know about don't
    really appear to be graphical layout tools at all. People say Rational
    System Architect is like what Eclipse should be, but it's $$$$.

    What else is out there?
    James McGill, Mar 10, 2006