need app to create online newsletter

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Dave Kelly, Dec 14, 2008.

  1. Dave Kelly

    Dave Kelly Guest

    I am searching for some software.

    I admin a website for a fishing club. I would like to start an online
    continuing newsletter.

    My vision is to have a place that a member whose name is on the
    current membership roister can go and enter a title in a box and then
    have a place to post text. There they would also be able to post
    pictures.

    That text would then be added to that months newsletter and be
    available to read. At the end of the month the newsletter would be
    archived and made available for download. And next months heading
    would be put up for use.

    If any of you have published a monthly newsletter you understand the
    difficulty of getting contributions. Back before the internet
    contribution were plentiful. Now we go a whole year to get enough to
    put together an issue. People don't want to wait that long to see
    their work in print.

    I have searched 'google' for the last 2 days and find nothing that
    resembles what I want. It may be there and I don't recognize it.
    ( which is probable the case ). Or I could not be using the correct
    keywords.

    Does anyone know of such as I seek?

    TIA
    Dave
    Dave Kelly, Dec 14, 2008

  2. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Dave Kelly <daveekelly1
    @embarqmail.com> writing in news:0d5c7b5a-b880-4df7-b8ed-415baf90af16
    @q30g2000vbn.googlegroups.com:

    > I am searching for some software.
    >
    > I admin a website for a fishing club. I would like to start an online
    > continuing newsletter.
    >
    > My vision is to have a place that a member whose name is on the
    > current membership roister can go and enter a title in a box and then
    > have a place to post text. There they would also be able to post
    > pictures.
    >
    > That text would then be added to that months newsletter and be
    > available to read. At the end of the month the newsletter would be
    > archived and made available for download. And next months heading
    > would be put up for use.
    >
    > If any of you have published a monthly newsletter you understand the
    > difficulty of getting contributions. Back before the internet
    > contribution were plentiful. Now we go a whole year to get enough to
    > put together an issue. People don't want to wait that long to see
    > their work in print.
    >
    > I have searched 'google' for the last 2 days and find nothing that
    > resembles what I want. It may be there and I don't recognize it.
    > ( which is probable the case ). Or I could not be using the correct
    > keywords.
    >
    > Does anyone know of such as I seek?
    >
    > TIA
    > Dave

    I'm not sure exactly what you want. I have created interfaces for two
    different newsletters. Once goes out weekly, and the other monthly.

    With both, a person fills out an online form and presto! chango! the
    newsletter is generated in HTML and plain text. The newsletter is then
    sent multipart to subscribers via Group Mail from Infacta.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services
    Adrienne Boswell, Dec 15, 2008