Need Assistance Building ruby-1.8.3 on HP-UX 11.00

Kevin Hinners

I ran ./configure successfully as a first step. However, I am getting
the following error when running make:

gcc -g -O2 -I. -I. -c array.c
gcc -g -O2 -I. -I. -c bignum.c
gcc -g -O2 -I. -I. -c class.c
gcc -g -O2 -I. -I. -c compar.c
gcc -g -O2 -I. -I. -c dir.c
gcc -g -O2 -I. -I. -c dln.c
gcc -g -O2 -I. -I. -c enum.c
gcc -g -O2 -I. -I. -c error.c
gcc -g -O2 -I. -I. -c eval.c
gcc -g -O2 -I. -I. -c file.c
gcc -g -O2 -I. -I. -c gc.c
gcc -g -O2 -I. -I. -c hash.c
gcc -g -O2 -I. -I. -c inits.c
gcc -g -O2 -I. -I. -c io.c
gcc -g -O2 -I. -I. -c marshal.c
gcc -g -O2 -I. -I. -c math.c
gcc -g -O2 -I. -I. -c numeric.c
gcc -g -O2 -I. -I. -c object.c
gcc -g -O2 -I. -I. -c pack.c
gperf -p -j1 -i 1 -g -o -t -N rb_reserved_word -k1,3,$ keywords
lex.c || \
cp "./lex.c" .
sh: gperf: not found.
cp: ./lex.c and ./lex.c are identical
*** Error exit code 1

Stop.

Kevin Hinners
Senior Technical Analyst
=20
FedEx Services
350 Spectrum Loop
Colorado Springs, CO 80921
719-484-2303
(e-mail address removed)
=20

Ryan Davis

gperf -p -j1 -i 1 -g -o -t -N rb_reserved_word -k1,3,$
keywords
cp "./lex.c" .
sh: gperf: not found.
cp: ./lex.c and ./lex.c are identical
*** Error exit code 1

gperf not found. Yup. You need it. Google properly puts it at the top
too.

nobuyoshi nakada

Hi,

At Tue, 8 Nov 2005 23:43:16 +0900,
Kevin Hinners wrote in [ruby-talk:164768]:
I ran ./configure successfully as a first step. However, I am getting
the following error when running make:

gperf -p -j1 -i 1 -g -o -t -N rb_reserved_word -k1,3,$ keywords
cp "./lex.c" .

Do `touch lex.c' before `make'.

I consider this should be done in the packaging script.