Need example or recommendation for good book

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by pwong, Sep 30, 2007.

  1. pwong

    pwong Guest

    Hi.

    We plan to research/develop a web-application to monitor some data.
    The plan is to deploy approximately 50 sensors at different location.
    Every minute or so depend on the condition of environment; the sensors
    will collect the data and send them to the server which will put them
    into the database. We have no problem on this end since it is not
    involve any web app.

    Now what we want on the web app is to create a website which allows
    anyone to log-in, choose any sensor location, retrieve, and display
    the old data from the server database with search and filtering
    feature. We also want the user to be able to view live data from the
    selected location as the server is receiving them. Would be nice if
    the user can set an alert condition where whenever the data is met the
    certain criteria, the server notify the user via e-mail.

    This may sound very simple, but for someone new to ASP, this is very
    challenging. So if anyone can

    1. Point us to some example on the internet, MSDN video clip,
    recommended book(s), etc. which may show you how to do this kind of
    development.

    2. Give us some link to a web-site which might have done some thing
    like this.

    3. If we want the web app to display the live data using graphic
    (animation), do we need to use ActiveX or Silverlight.

    4. If we want to graph the old data from the database what AJAX
    control would anyone recommended.

    Thanks for the answer in advance,
    -Pete

    pwong, Sep 30, 2007

  2. Hello pwong,

    p> 1. Point us to some example on the internet, MSDN video clip,
    p> recommended book(s), etc. which may show you how to do this kind of
    p> development.

    which kind? i see nothing specific in what u describe.
    Just any ASP.net 2.0 book and AJAX book covers everything u need

    p> 3. If we want the web app to display the live data using graphic
    p> (animation), do we need to use ActiveX or Silverlight.

    Silverlight makes this better :)

    ---
    WBR,

    Michael Nemtsev, Sep 30, 2007