Need example or recommendation for good book

pwong

Hi.

We plan to research/develop a web-application to monitor some data.
The plan is to deploy approximately 50 sensors at different location.
Every minute or so depend on the condition of environment; the sensors
will collect the data and send them to the server which will put them
into the database. We have no problem on this end since it is not
involve any web app.

Now what we want on the web app is to create a website which allows
anyone to log-in, choose any sensor location, retrieve, and display
the old data from the server database with search and filtering
feature. We also want the user to be able to view live data from the
selected location as the server is receiving them. Would be nice if
the user can set an alert condition where whenever the data is met the
certain criteria, the server notify the user via e-mail.

This may sound very simple, but for someone new to ASP, this is very
challenging. So if anyone can

1. Point us to some example on the internet, MSDN video clip,
recommended book(s), etc. which may show you how to do this kind of
development.

2. Give us some link to a web-site which might have done some thing
like this.

3. If we want the web app to display the live data using graphic
(animation), do we need to use ActiveX or Silverlight.

4. If we want to graph the old data from the database what AJAX
control would anyone recommended.

Thanks for the answer in advance,
-Pete

Michael Nemtsev

Hello pwong,

p> 1. Point us to some example on the internet, MSDN video clip,
p> recommended book(s), etc. which may show you how to do this kind of
p> development.

which kind? i see nothing specific in what u describe.
Just any ASP.net 2.0 book and AJAX book covers everything u need

p> 3. If we want the web app to display the live data using graphic
p> (animation), do we need to use ActiveX or Silverlight.

Silverlight makes this better :)

---
WBR,