Book recommendation

Chris

Can anyone recommend a good book on object orientation. There are lots of
things that I unsure about such as interfaces, implementation, generics. Can
anyone recommend anything, ideally vb.net. So many of the books are about
the server controls or ado.net, which is important but I would like some
broad theoretical concepts. Regards, Chris.

Nathan Sokalski

A good book that I used would be:

ASP.NET 2.0 Unleashed by Stephen Walther

This book is about server controls and ado.net, but because it is example
oriented (there are tons of examples, in VB.NET although the CD contains
them in both VB.NET and C#) you can learn everything you need about
interfaces and implementation from it. The author explains everything in all
the examples, shows all the code (not just little snippets like other
authors), and tells you why he used the techniques he did (because we all
know that there are often multiple ways to do the same thing). After taking
an introductory course in ASP.NET, I used this book and the help of the
newsgroups and several websites to greatly expand my knowledge of ASP.NET.
The fact that this author writes in an example-oriented style made it much
easier for me to learn and understand the content. He is a well respected
author in ASP.NET as well.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0672328232

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

Can anyone recommend a good book on object orientation
perhaps you mean object oriented?

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney

Mark Rae

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q="object+oriented"

<chuckle>

That was the purpose of the Googlefight match.

There's 26 times more references to "object oriented" as there are of
"object orientation".

Can you explain ( in not too many words, please )
how "object orientation" differs from "object oriented" ?

Well, at the risk of stating the bleeding obvious, object orientation is a
noun and object oriented (or object orientated if you speak British English)
is an adjective.

Exactly the same as 'pedant' and 'pedantic'...