    areas within .Net that we should be reading up on?

    Many thanks

    Griff

    GriffithsJ, Aug 15, 2003

  2. I find Francesco Balena's "Visual Basic.NET" (ISBN 0-7356-1375-3) a very
    good resource for old VB6 people like me. It covers a lot - 1,500+ pages. I
    also find myself using David Sceppa's "ADO.NET" (ISBN 0-7356-423-7) VERY
    useful.

    The change to .NET is a huge change. I'd bet you'll want several books on
    the shelf to help.

    HTH

    Wayne

    "GriffithsJ" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > The decision has just been made that we're to migrate to .NET. We're
    > predominantly program using VB6 at the moment, so will (I assume) want to
    > know about things like ASP.Net, VB.Net, ADO.Net and anything to do with

    the
    > databases/web services.
    >
    > What I would like from a book would be something that helped the novice

    but
    > also helped the expert - do such books exist? We're pretty "expert" with
    > VB6 but know nothing about .Net.
    >
    > So, does anyone have any really good suggestions? Also, are there any

    other

    Wayne Wengert, Aug 16, 2003