Pattern recommendation

Derek Fountain

I have a basic website requirement which I'm looking to implement using
a suitable pattern. The website can be seen as a set of 'wizards' - the
user chooses the wizard they want, then are presented with sequence of
fairly straightforward web pages each of which fetches a small amount of
information from the backing data model. They click next, next, next,
occasionally offering additional input via a radio button selection or
some such. The final page will have an 'exit' button or link.

So, all rather straightforward, but I need to do a lot of these
'wizards'. Many dozens, probably, with each one having between 3 and 30
steps. I therefore want to keep this as efficient as possible. Speed of
the website execution is irrelevant; what matters is the speed of
development and ease of testing. I need to be able to add pages to the
wizards quickly and easily. The less code I have to write the better.

Just looking through the pattern pages on MSDN, they seem to concern
themselves with supporting full featured web applications. I don't
really need that, and MVC seems overkill for my requirements.

Can anyone such any patterns that might point me the right direction?

Mr. Arnold

Derek Fountain said:
[...]

I did the wizard thing using MVP and with a session object between the UI
and presenter and passing the session object between pages. I like MVP as
it's light and flexible. You can even use a MVP pattern for a Web client non
UI with a presenter for a Web service as an example, since an interface is
being used.

The key here I like is to keep the UI as dumb as possible and let the
presenter control the UI and make the decisions.

What is Model -View- Presenter?

MVP is a software pattern considered a derivative of the
Model-view-controller.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model_View_Presenter

MODEL-VIEW-PRESENTER

http://www.polymorphicpodcast.com/

click 'Shows' and located at page 6

click 'Design Patterns Bootcamp: Model View * Patterns*

view parts 1-5

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4479 (20091004) __________

http://www.eset.com