Need Help Passing SelectedIndex (Int32) to IE Tabstrip Control

Robert V. Hanson

I have a user control built using the Microsoft IE Control.

I declared a public variable as int32 (DefaultTab) in the user control.

I can't seem to provide the correct syntax to the tabstrip property other
than SelectedIndex = 1 which works but if I try SelectedIndex = DefaultTab,
it fails stating that DefaultTab is not a valid value for Int32.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Bob Hanson

Bassel Tabbara [MSFT]

Hello Robert,
I am not sure if the problem is clear. What is DefaultTab?
Can you post more of your code so I can better help you?
Why SelectedIndex=1 is not good enough?

Thanks,
Bassel Tabbara
Microsoft, ASP.NET

| I have a user control built using the Microsoft IE Control.
|
| I declared a public variable as int32 (DefaultTab) in the user control.
|
| I can't seem to provide the correct syntax to the tabstrip property other
| than SelectedIndex = 1 which works but if I try SelectedIndex =
DefaultTab,
| it fails stating that DefaultTab is not a valid value for Int32.
|
| Thanks in advance for any help!!
|
| Bob Hanson

Robert Hanson

I had been following an example in my Professional VB.Net book that is
outdated. I followed the walkthrough for creating custom controls in
MSDN and it works great.

Thanks for your reply!!

Bob Hanson