    expecting your positive reply.
    regards
    PAT
    PAT, Aug 29, 2005

  2. PAT

    jan V Guest

    > is it possible for you to help me in this ? .I am really need of this.
    > i know asp,html,vb (medium level programming).
    >
    > expecting your positive reply.
    > regards
    > PAT

    PAT, find out if there's a soul in your geographical area kind enough to do
    some face-to-face teaching of Java. You'll progress a lot quicker.
    jan V, Aug 29, 2005

  3. PAT

    Virgil Green Guest

    PAT wrote:
    > Hi
    > I am pat.
    > I am dyslexic so its hard to learn JAVA.
    > its hard for me to learn JAVA from books.read & understand for me from
    > books.
    >
    > I need diagrammatic or picture representation teaching of java (basic
    > to advance). OR if u are interested in other option i can ask
    > questions which i dont understand,by getting answer from u i can fill
    > the block .
    >
    > is it possible for you to help me in this ? .I am really need of this.
    > i know asp,html,vb (medium level programming).
    >
    > expecting your positive reply.
    > regards
    > PAT

    Visit a local user group (check local library, for instance) and ask someone
    there.

    --
    Virgil
    Virgil Green, Aug 29, 2005
  4. PAT

    Hal Rosser Guest

    "PAT" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > I am pat.
    > I am dyslexic so its hard to learn JAVA.
    > its hard for me to learn JAVA from books.read & understand for me from
    > books.
    >
    > I need diagrammatic or picture representation teaching of java (basic
    > to advance). OR if u are interested in other option i can ask questions
    > which i dont understand,by getting answer from u i can fill the block .
    >
    > is it possible for you to help me in this ? .I am really need of this.
    > i know asp,html,vb (medium level programming).
    >
    > expecting your positive reply.
    > regards
    > PAT

    There are some instructional CD's at this web site.
    http://www.vtc.com/products/program_cd.htm
    If you learn visually - it may be the trick.

    Hal Rosser, Aug 30, 2005
  5. PAT

    Roedy Green Guest

    On 29 Aug 2005 01:02:09 -0700, "PAT" <> wrote
    or quoted :

    >is it possible for you to help me in this ? .I am really need of this.
    >i know asp,html,vb (medium level programming).

    Years ago Sun had a programming tool that was sort of like plumbing
    where you connected components much the way you would ICs.

    What was it called? Was it utterly abandoned?
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Aug 31, 2005
  6. PAT

    Guest

    , Aug 31, 2005
  7. PAT

    jan V Guest

    > Years ago Sun had a programming tool that was sort of like plumbing
    > where you connected components much the way you would ICs.
    >
    > What was it called? Was it utterly abandoned?

    Are you thinking of the BeanBox? That was a big joke (well, more of a
    barebones JavaBeans testing environment)
    jan V, Aug 31, 2005
  8. PAT

    Virgil Green Guest

    Roedy Green wrote:
    > On 29 Aug 2005 01:02:09 -0700, "PAT" <> wrote
    > or quoted :
    >
    >> is it possible for you to help me in this ? .I am really need of
    >> this. i know asp,html,vb (medium level programming).

    > Years ago Sun had a programming tool that was sort of like plumbing
    > where you connected components much the way you would ICs.
    >
    > What was it called? Was it utterly abandoned?

    IBM's Visual Age for [name your language] was built like that.

    --
    Virgil
    Virgil Green, Aug 31, 2005
  9. PAT

    Guest

    Pat,

    I wrote a bunch of Java online lessons and some of them have video
    versions, where I read and explain them (see
    http://www.smartdataprocessing.com).
    Sys-con Media is planning to publish my book on core Java early next,
    which will come with a DVD, where I'll be explaining all the lessons.

    This might help.

    Good luck,
    Yakov Fain
    http://www.weekendwithexperts.com

    PAT wrote:
    > Hi
    > I am pat.
    > I am dyslexic so its hard to learn JAVA.
    > its hard for me to learn JAVA from books.read & understand for me from
    > books.
    >
    > I need diagrammatic or picture representation teaching of java (basic
    > to advance). OR if u are interested in other option i can ask questions
    > which i dont understand,by getting answer from u i can fill the block .
    >
    > is it possible for you to help me in this ? .I am really need of this.
    > i know asp,html,vb (medium level programming).
    >
    > expecting your positive reply.
    > regards
    > PAT

    , Sep 1, 2005
  10. PAT

    Guest

    Also, if aural learning works well for you, keep these folks in mind:
    Recording For the Blind and Dyslexic provides free recordings of
    textbooks for students: http://www.rfbd.org/

    I'm a volunteer reader in RFB&D's Los Angeles recording studio, mostly
    reading Computer Science textbooks. If anyone here is interested in
    volunteering, there are recording studios scattered around the country.
    RFB&D has been around for more than 50 years.

    -- Rodney
    , Sep 1, 2005