NEED HELP TO TEACH JAVA TO DYSLEXIC :

PAT

Hi
I am pat.
I am dyslexic so its hard to learn JAVA.
its hard for me to learn JAVA from books.read & understand for me from
books.

I need diagrammatic or picture representation teaching of java (basic
to advance). OR if u are interested in other option i can ask questions
which i dont understand,by getting answer from u i can fill the block .

is it possible for you to help me in this ? .I am really need of this.
i know asp,html,vb (medium level programming).

expecting your positive reply.
regards
PAT
(e-mail address removed)

jan V

is it possible for you to help me in this ? .I am really need of this.
i know asp,html,vb (medium level programming).

expecting your positive reply.
regards
PAT

PAT, find out if there's a soul in your geographical area kind enough to do
some face-to-face teaching of Java. You'll progress a lot quicker.

Virgil Green

PAT said:
Hi
I am pat.
I am dyslexic so its hard to learn JAVA.
its hard for me to learn JAVA from books.read & understand for me from
books.

I need diagrammatic or picture representation teaching of java (basic
to advance). OR if u are interested in other option i can ask
questions which i dont understand,by getting answer from u i can fill
the block .

is it possible for you to help me in this ? .I am really need of this.
i know asp,html,vb (medium level programming).

expecting your positive reply.
regards
PAT
(e-mail address removed)

Visit a local user group (check local library, for instance) and ask someone
there.

Hal Rosser

PAT said:
Hi
I am pat.
I am dyslexic so its hard to learn JAVA.
its hard for me to learn JAVA from books.read & understand for me from
books.

I need diagrammatic or picture representation teaching of java (basic
to advance). OR if u are interested in other option i can ask questions
which i dont understand,by getting answer from u i can fill the block .

is it possible for you to help me in this ? .I am really need of this.
i know asp,html,vb (medium level programming).

expecting your positive reply.
regards
PAT
(e-mail address removed)

There are some instructional CD's at this web site.
http://www.vtc.com/products/program_cd.htm
If you learn visually - it may be the trick.

Roedy Green

is it possible for you to help me in this ? .I am really need of this.
i know asp,html,vb (medium level programming).

Years ago Sun had a programming tool that was sort of like plumbing
where you connected components much the way you would ICs.

What was it called? Was it utterly abandoned?

jan V

Years ago Sun had a programming tool that was sort of like plumbing
where you connected components much the way you would ICs.

What was it called? Was it utterly abandoned?

Are you thinking of the BeanBox? That was a big joke (well, more of a
barebones JavaBeans testing environment)

Virgil Green

Roedy said:
Years ago Sun had a programming tool that was sort of like plumbing
where you connected components much the way you would ICs.

What was it called? Was it utterly abandoned?

IBM's Visual Age for [name your language] was built like that.

rodneyhoffman

Also, if aural learning works well for you, keep these folks in mind:
Recording For the Blind and Dyslexic provides free recordings of
textbooks for students: http://www.rfbd.org/

I'm a volunteer reader in RFB&D's Los Angeles recording studio, mostly
reading Computer Science textbooks. If anyone here is interested in
volunteering, there are recording studios scattered around the country.
RFB&D has been around for more than 50 years.

-- Rodney