    current Servlet method supposed to be that replaced the old "put" method
    anyway? Trying to compile a couple of the servlets which I am working
    with always has yielded a warning about "put" being deprecated.

    Steve R. Burrus, Feb 28, 2006

  2. Steve R. Burrus

    Rhino Guest

    "Steve R. Burrus" <> wrote in message
    news:eek:a4Nf.25983$...
    >I have posted before on this particular topic, but forgot what the answers
    >supplied to me were so I will ask again :

    Have you considered a Google Groups search to see what you were told the
    last time? Then you wouldn't have to wait for an answer and no one would
    need to take the time to answer you again.

    > Just what is the current Servlet method supposed to be that replaced the
    > old "put" method anyway? Trying to compile a couple of the servlets which
    > I am working with always has yielded a warning about "put" being
    > deprecated.

    If you look at the Servlet API for the version of the servlet spec you are
    using, the API normally has information for each deprecated method advising
    what to use instead. I believe all Java APIs follow this convention and have
    done so for years. I'm surprised you didn't know this already unless you're
    a newbie.

    --
    Rhino

    Rhino, Feb 28, 2006