Need Help w. Deprecated Method.

Steve R. Burrus

I have posted before on this particular topic, but forgot what the
answers supplied to me were so I will ask again : Just what is the
current Servlet method supposed to be that replaced the old "put" method
anyway? Trying to compile a couple of the servlets which I am working
with always has yielded a warning about "put" being deprecated.

Rhino

Steve R. Burrus said:
I have posted before on this particular topic, but forgot what the answers
supplied to me were so I will ask again :

Have you considered a Google Groups search to see what you were told the
last time? Then you wouldn't have to wait for an answer and no one would
need to take the time to answer you again.
Just what is the current Servlet method supposed to be that replaced the
old "put" method anyway? Trying to compile a couple of the servlets which
I am working with always has yielded a warning about "put" being
deprecated.

If you look at the Servlet API for the version of the servlet spec you are
using, the API normally has information for each deprecated method advising
what to use instead. I believe all Java APIs follow this convention and have
done so for years. I'm surprised you didn't know this already unless you're
a newbie.