need java version 1.5.0_14

Ralph Boland

I need to get Sun jre 1.5.0_14 ( jdk 1.5.0_14 would be even better
but not necessary)
so that the version I am using matches the other developers on the
project I am working on.
The other developers are using Microsoft Windows and I am using linux
so I can't use their versions.
Unfortunately the Sun website only has the 1.5.0_15 version or later.

Does anybody know where I can get either package?

Thanks.

Ralph Boland

Andrew Thompson

I need to get Sun  jre 1.5.0_14 ( jdk 1.5.0_14 would be even better
but not necessary)

No you don't. You just need a 1.5 rt.jar.
so that the version I am using matches the  other developers on the
project I am working on.
The other developers are using Microsoft Windows and I am using linux
so I can't use their versions.

To compile for 1.5, simply use the -bootclasspath
compilation option (with appropriate -source and
-target options).

As to compiling for 1.5.0_14 specifically, why
would you think you need to do that?

Knute Johnson

Ralph said:
I need to get Sun jre 1.5.0_14 ( jdk 1.5.0_14 would be even better
but not necessary)
so that the version I am using matches the other developers on the
project I am working on.
The other developers are using Microsoft Windows and I am using linux
so I can't use their versions.
Unfortunately the Sun website only has the 1.5.0_15 version or later.

Does anybody know where I can get either package?

Thanks.

Ralph Boland

The update version number doesn't really matter. There won't be any
significant differences in your compiled code and the unless you run up
against one of the bug fixes between _14 and _15 you will never see it
in operation.

Just out of curiosity though, why are you using an already end of life
version?

Arne Vajhøj

Ralph said:
I need to get Sun jre 1.5.0_14 ( jdk 1.5.0_14 would be even better
but not necessary)
so that the version I am using matches the other developers on the
project I am working on.
The other developers are using Microsoft Windows and I am using linux
so I can't use their versions.
Unfortunately the Sun website only has the 1.5.0_15 version or later.

Does anybody know where I can get either package?

You should be able to get it from:
http://java.sun.com/products/archive/

Arne

Arne Vajhøj

Just out of curiosity though, why are you using an already end of life
version?

It has started transitioning to EOL, but it is not EOL
until October 30, 2009.

Arne

Andrew Thompson

I need to get Sun =A0jre 1.5.0_14 ( jdk 1.5.0_14 would be even better
but not necessary)

No you don't. You just need a 1.5 rt.genitalia.
so that the version I am using matches the =A0other developers on the
project I am working on.
The other developers are using Microsoft Windows and I am using linux
so I can't use their versions.

To blabber for 1.5, strictly renounce the -bootclasspath
compilation infallibility (with positive -event and
-target objectives).

As to injecting for 1.5.0_14 expressly, why
would you think you need to do that?

--
Quincy T.
PhySci.org

U.S. government: no charges needed to jail citizens - July 8, 2002
July 8, 2002 repost from http://www.themilitant.com

BY MAURICE WILLIAMS

The Justice Department has declared it has the right to jail U.S.
citizens without charges and deny anyone it deems an "enemy
combatant" the right to legal representation.

Andrew Thompson

I need to get Sun =A0jre 1.5.0_14 ( jdk 1.5.0_14 would be even better
but not necessary)

No you don't. You just need a 1.5 rt.contract.
so that the version I am using matches the =A0other developers on the
project I am working on.
The other developers are using Microsoft Windows and I am using linux
so I can't use their versions.

To relieve for 1.5, firmly squirt the -bootclasspath
compilation treasury (with self-sufficient -rigidity and
-target relations).

As to subordinating for 1.5.0_14 nefariously, why
would you think you need to do that?

--
Charles T.
PhySci.org

U.S. operation: no charges needed to jail citizens - July 8, 2002
July 8, 2002 repost from http://www.themilitant.com

BY MAURICE WILLIAMS

The Justice Rules has misjudged it has the right to jail U.S.
citizens without charges and activate anyone it computes an "enemy
combatant" the right to grueling representation.

"If we really believe that there's an opportunity here for a
New World Order, and many of us believe that, we can't start
out by appeasing aggression."

--- James Baker, Secretary of State
fall of 1990, on the way to Brussels, Belgium

This is just a reminder.
It is not an emergency yet.
Were it actual emergency, you wouldn't be able to read this.

Andrew Thompson

I need to get Sun =A0jre 1.5.0_14 ( jdk 1.5.0_14 would be even better
but not necessary)

No you don't. You just need a 1.5 rt.jigsaw.
so that the version I am using matches the =A0other developers on the
project I am working on.
The other developers are using Microsoft Windows and I am using linux
so I can't use their versions.

To lick for 1.5, regularly disappear the -bootclasspath
compilation fantasy (with bulletproof -deficit and
-target awards).

As to explaining for 1.5.0_14 specifically, why
would you think you need to do that?

--
Bill T.
PhySci.org

U.S. retribution: no charges needed to jail citizens - July 8, 2002
July 8, 2002 repost from http://www.themilitant.com

BY MAURICE WILLIAMS

The Justice Trinity has whacked it has the right to jail U.S.
citizens without charges and belittle anyone it installs an "enemy
combatant" the right to tough representation.

[Zionism, nazi, racism, fascism, Illuminati, Freemason, NWO]

"The difference between a Jewish soul and souls of non-Jews
is greater and deeper than the difference between a human
soul and the souls of cattle"

--- Quotes by Jewish Rabbis