    thanks
    vishwanath
    , Sep 8, 2006

  2. Matt Garrish Guest

    wrote:

    > hi there,
    >
    > i am beginer in perl and i need to clear IE cookies and temporary
    > internet files before i call goto URl to access my application url. how
    > can i clear cookies and temp internet files?

    I have no idea what calling goto URI is, but the fastest way I can
    think of to clear the cache would be to just delete everything in

    C:\Documents and Settings\<<current user>>\Local Settings\Temporary
    Internet Files

    where the current user obviously is you. First choices would just be to
    shell out and do a del from your script or use File::Find to traverse
    the directory and delete files as you go.

    If the location is variable, you can always get the cache directories
    from the registry in
    HKLM\Software\MIcrosoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Cache
    (on XP anyway).

    Matt
    Matt Garrish, Sep 11, 2006

    thanks matt...i tried doing this..and the way i tried is using the
    system commands in DOS to clease browser cookies..

    system ('del /q /s /f "C:\Documents and Settings\user\Local
    Settings\Temporary Internet Files\*.*"');
    but i saw only few of the cache is getting deleted and not all the
    files..any idea how do i clear the entire cache folder..
    thanks
    vish

    Matt Garrish wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    > > hi there,
    > >
    > > i am beginer in perl and i need to clear IE cookies and temporary
    > > internet files before i call goto URl to access my application url. how
    > > can i clear cookies and temp internet files?
    > >

    > I have no idea what calling goto URI is, but the fastest way I can
    > think of to clear the cache would be to just delete everything in
    >
    > C:\Documents and Settings\<<current user>>\Local Settings\Temporary
    > Internet Files
    >
    > where the current user obviously is you. First choices would just be to
    > shell out and do a del from your script or use File::Find to traverse
    > the directory and delete files as you go.
    >
    > If the location is variable, you can always get the cache directories
    > from the registry in
    > HKLM\Software\MIcrosoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Cache
    > (on XP anyway).
    >
    > Matt
    , Sep 11, 2006
  4. Matt Garrish Guest

    wrote:

    > Matt Garrish wrote:
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > > > hi there,
    > > >
    > > > i am beginer in perl and i need to clear IE cookies and temporary
    > > > internet files before i call goto URl to access my application url. how
    > > > can i clear cookies and temp internet files?
    > > >

    > > I have no idea what calling goto URI is, but the fastest way I can
    > > think of to clear the cache would be to just delete everything in
    > >
    > > C:\Documents and Settings\<<current user>>\Local Settings\Temporary
    > > Internet Files

    [TOFU corrected]

    > thanks matt...i tried doing this..and the way i tried is using the
    > system commands in DOS to clease browser cookies..
    >
    > system ('del /q /s /f "C:\Documents and Settings\user\Local
    > Settings\Temporary Internet Files\*.*"');
    > but i saw only few of the cache is getting deleted and not all the
    > files..any idea how do i clear the entire cache folder..

    Try using the /a modifier to get rid of the hidden files, etc. You
    shouldn't have IE open when you do this, though, because it may keep
    some files locked, but it should do the job as a quick and dirty hack.

    Matt
    Matt Garrish, Sep 11, 2006