    with.

    Hope this is clear and thanks in advance for any tips.
    Ram

    Ram, Dec 13, 2007

  2. "Ram" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi, we have a web based system that has the ability to invoke a web
    > service on an event occurance, such as addition of a new order. We
    > need to invoke a Javascript based webpage to execute when such an
    > event occurs.
    > Web Site Event ...> Web Service --> Invoke another web page (may be
    > another domain) having Javascript

    Why not:

    Web Site Event ...> Web Service
    ...> Invoke another web page

    In other words, let the web site deal with web page issues.

    Besides, are you saying that you want the web service to _display_ this
    other page? It cannot, as it is not producing output to the user's browser.
    Instead, it is returning XML (or maybe JSON). The best you could do is to
    have the web site return HTML inside of the XML, then have your web page
    load that HTML into a new window. But you'd just as well let the web page do
    everything and leave the web service out of it.

    John Saunders | MVP - Windows Server System - Connected System Developer

    John Saunders [MVP], Dec 13, 2007

  3. Ram

    msgroup Guest

    Cross-browser instant message and remote JavaScript callback

    Hi,

    See the article for Cross-browser instant message and remote JavaScript
    callback at the site
    http://www.udaparts.com/document/articles/browsercallback.htm

    This is a solution to your problem.

    Thanks.

    msgroup, Dec 13, 2007
  4. Ram

    Ram Guest

    Re: Cross-browser instant message and remote JavaScript callback

    Just to be a bit more clear these are the steps I would like to
    accomplish.
    Step 1 - Hosted website - can only trigger a web service - So we write
    a web service to receive a notification from the hosted website
    Step 2 - My web service needs to execute Javascript code which is
    proprietary and I have no control of. So I thought of invoking a web
    page which will on load execute the said Javascript code. I dont need
    anything back from the Javascript code or from the web page that I try
    to invoke.

    My problem lies here, since there is no web browser or visible context
    in which I can invoke this webpage, the javascript does not execute
    but the server side code in the called aspx page does.
    I tried the following
    a.) web browser control in the aspx page
    b.) process to run iexplore.exe with the apsx page

    with no luck...

    Ram, Dec 14, 2007