.NET 2.0 ASPx Page does not load, but HTM does

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by prabhupr@hotmail.com, Feb 8, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hi Folks

    I have created a web-site which has ASPX pages and HTM pages. When I
    load the HTM page the site gets loaded, but fails to load ASPX page
    with error as follows

    The page cannot be found
    The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name
    changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

    Additional Information
    ================
    I have Front Page 2002 installed
    Site is running on Win 2003 SP1, IIS 6.0
    If I run the site using VS.NET 2005 (on the same machine), it works
    great
    I have also changed the content of the one of the ASPx page as HTML
    content, still it does not get loaded

    Any ideas on what I may be missing?

    Thanks
    PP
    , Feb 8, 2006

  2. re:
    > Site is running on Win 2003 SP1, IIS 6.0

    You have to specifically enable ASP.NET on W2K3.

    Open the IIS Manager, scroll down on the left to "Web Service Extensions",
    and select it; move to the right pane and select the version of ASP.NET you
    want to enable, and click the "Allow" button.

    Juan T. Llibre
    ASP.NET MVP
    ASPNETFAQ.COM : http://www.aspnetfaq.com

    Juan T. Llibre, Feb 8, 2006