.NET Framework 2.0 configuration snapin is missing from list of avail snapins?

Les Caudle

On a new win2003 Standard install, I installed IIS and ASP.NET.

I then installed .NET Framework 2.0 from MS Updates.

In the management console, I've added in a .NET Configuration 1.1 snapin.

But, I don't see the .NET 2.0 Framework Configuration snapin (in the list of
available snapins).

How can I resolve this?

Juan T. Llibre

re:
But, I don't see the .NET 2.0 Framework Configuration snapin (in the list of
available snapins).

You can find it in "Start Menu", "Programs", "Administrative Tools" flyout menu.

Juan T. Llibre

Hmmm... right.

I *always* install the SDK, in order to get the samples/tools installed.
I assumed that anybody serious about developing for ASP.NET did the same.

But, you're right, I should have specified.

Thanks.

Les Caudle

Juan - Yes, those are great for a development box (I think Visual Studio 2005
may have installed that for me), but this is a production server. I'll have to
test in vmWare to see how to install just the parts I want.

Regards, Les Caudle

Juan T. Llibre

re:
those are great for a development box ...snip... but this is a production server.

There's nothing wrong with installing the SDK in a production server.
You can always get rid of the virtual directories and delete the files you don't use.

That probably will be easier to do than investing in research
to see whether you can install the SDK by bits and pieces.

Good luck!