.NET/JAVA Interoperability

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by arun_005, Dec 3, 2003.

  1. arun_005

    arun_005 Guest

    Hi,
    I'm facing some problem with respect to .NET client invoking a Java
    WebService.
    I'm able to access a Java WebService, whose binding is RPC/Encoded.But
    the same
    WebService when deployed using Document/Literal gives a problem.

    Please find below my problem:
    I have a method being exposed in Java WebService by name callMethod()
    that returns a string.
    The proxy generated for this method using wsdl.exe is as follows:

    [System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapDocumentMethodAttribute("",
    Use=System.Web.Services.Description.SoapBindingUse.Literal,
    ParameterStyle=System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapParameterStyle.Bare)]
    [return: System.Xml.Serialization.XmlElementAttribute("callMethodResponse",
    Namespace="http://arun:8080/Training/services/Sample11")]
    public callMethodResponse callMethod()
    {
    object[] results = this.Invoke("callMethod", new object[0]);
    return ((callMethodResponse)(results[0]));

    I invoke the method from C# using the following syntax:

    Sample11 obj = new Sample11();
    callMethodResponse objRes;
    objRes = obj.callMethod();
    string str;
    str = objRes.callMethodReturn;

    Initially I recieved an error saying "java.lang.exception:Body not
    found".
    I could set this right by changing the SoapParameterStyle in
    SoapDocumentMethodAttribute
    from SoapParameterStyle.Bare to SoapParameterStyle.Wrapped.

    Now objRes has a null value.I'm not able to receive the simple string
    "Hello", which I'm returning
    from the Java WebService.

    But everything works fine when RPC/Encoded is used.

    Will be greatful if somebody could help me out in this.
    Arun.

    arun_005, Dec 3, 2003