net/ldap session credential

Rcmn 73

i'm writing a script that will populate data into AD from a DB .I will
have to use net/ldap with the session credential.Once compiled i don't
want to rebuild each time,and i don't feel like put user/pwd in a text
file either.The ideal would be that the script use the credential from
the job that launched it(sched task in windows).I have been reading
net/ldap Rdoc and googling .But i might not use the right terms or maybe
i just don't knoe the term i should look for.
THX

Rcmn 73

BTW i had to use this "empty" post because i had "APPLICATION ERROR"
each time i tried to creat new topic on any forums...

Rcmn 73

I will compile it to make it more portable(*.exe).So i don't have to
install ruby env on the server.
And yes you are right i don't feel like storing mine or someone else
credential in a file.I don't know if u know how Win$k3 task scheduler
work but basically u just point to the exe,bat,etc...Then u put the
credential(user and pwd) that will run that job.

Rcmn 73

Nothing to do with security.It's to do with teamwork and avoid
exeptions.Pwd change every month in our environnement.One person will go
and change the pwd for the jobS.This system is used so i complie to it.
As far as compiling it's what i have been doing with perl and it worked
for the past 3 years...But i haven't look for a compiler for ruby so i
guess...
ho wait it seems i'm not the only one interrested
http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/rubyscript2exe/index.html.I didn't tryed yet
hopefully it will work.