.NET Requirements

Mark Fox

Hello,

I figured I would just throw this out and whatever
response I get is alright. I am looking to get a laptop
to do demos of my ASP.NET application, but I am not sure
what type of specs the laptop should have. Microsoft's
System Requirements' pages are, as always, entertaining
(they say that you could run it on a 90 Mhz CPU!). What
ballpark CPU speed/RAM should I be looking for to run a
demo of a site that uses ASP.NET, SQL Server 2000, and
IIS? Also, I know Win XP Pro comes with IIS 5.1, but
does Win2000 Pro come with a web server that I could use
ASP.NET on? If this is not enough information, I would
be happy to provide more. Thanks for your help!

Karsten Grombach

hi mark,
winXP and win2000 work fine, but both don't install iis by default. so you
will have to install it yourself.

currently i'm working on a laptop with 800mhz cpu with 512MB and I am quite
happy. Anything in this category or higher should serve your needs fine.
Obviously a lot depends on the kind of application you want to run. ...

regards
karsten