.Net SP3 corrupted forms authentication

james_crane

Hi,

I was happily using .net framework 1.1 when I installed SP3 for the
framework and suddenly forms authentication stopped working on my
existing applications.

It it behaving really strangely - it no longer pays any attention to
web.config files in folders to restrict access and I'm no longer able
to create an authentication cookie.

I created a new application with just a single web page and popped this
in the page_load:

System.Web.Security.FormsAuthentication.SetAuthCookie("jimlad",false);

Response.Write("User Logged on as " + Context.User.Identity.Name);
Response.Write("<br>" + Request.IsAuthenticated);

On my development machine with SP3 on it never sets the cookie, however
if I run the same application on my test server (without the SP) it
works just fine.

I have tried unintalling .net 1.1 and re-installing but it still has
the same problem

Any help appreciated

Thanks

James Crane