    Thanks very much for your help!

    Best Regards,

    Martin
    Martin, Nov 8, 2004

  2. I'm not familiar with those components, but chances are, they are Interop
    assemblies that interact with the Word COM interface. You could create your
    own Interop assembly instead.

    --
    HTH,
    Kevin Spencer

    Kevin Spencer, Nov 8, 2004

  3. No, COM Interop with Office is not recommended or supported for ASP.NET
    applications for many reasons, and that's not how those products work. They
    don't require Office to be installed on the server at all.

    Here's more info:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q257757

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Nov 8, 2004
  4. Martin

    bruce barker Guest

    unless you have a very low volume site, you do not want to interop to word,
    it does not scale nor is it recommend by MS.

    what was wrong with the current choices?

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Nov 8, 2004
  5. Good to know.

    --
    Kevin Spencer
    ..Net Developer

    Kevin Spencer, Nov 8, 2004
  6. As Steve pointed out, the products listed on his reference don't use COM
    interop, so I would have to agree with both of you.

    Believe me, I don't recommend COM interop for much of anything.

    --
    Kevin Spencer
    ..Net Developer

    Kevin Spencer, Nov 8, 2004
  7. Martin

    Martin Guest

    Hi Steve

    Thanks for your message. I've read your Aspose.Word review. Great
    Work!
    Just wondered whether there are any other vendors apart from Aspose
    and Softartisans out there that offer mail merge functionality?
    I've searched for some while now but haven't found anyone else.

    Thanks for your efforts!
    Have a nice day!

    Martin
    Martin, Nov 9, 2004