  1. Artificer

    Artificer Guest

    Is there any Grid Control included with NetBeans IDE 5.0?
    Artificer, May 5, 2006

  2. Artificer

    IchBin Guest

    Artificer wrote:
    > Is there any Grid Control included with NetBeans IDE 5.0?

    If you mean to say as in a layout manager.. Yes

    Thanks in Advance...
    IchBin, Pocono Lake, Pa, USA

    -William E. Taylor, Regular Guy (1952-)
    IchBin, May 5, 2006

  3. Artificer

    David Segall Guest

    "Artificer" <> wrote:

    >Is there any Grid Control included with NetBeans IDE 5.0?

    I am assuming you mean a Grid Control as in a Visual Basic Grid
    Control. If so, there is the Swing JTable control and NetBeans
    provides drag and drop access to all Swing components. Here is a
    tutorial
    <http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/uiswing/components/table.html>.
    David Segall, May 5, 2006
  4. Artificer

    Artificer Guest

    That is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks!
    Artificer, May 5, 2006
  5. Artificer

    David Segall Guest

    "Artificer" <> wrote:

    >That is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks!

    I am glad to help but I now feel that I have some responsibility to
    protect you from the terrors of the JTable control. First, you should
    read <http://java.sun.com/products/jfc/tsc/articles/architecture/>.
    Don't worry if you don't understand it all. Next, go ahead with
    whatever you are trying to do with the JTable control. If you are
    having trouble with your code go back and read the article again. The
    separation between the "model" and the "view" is a powerful concept
    but it makes the transition from another environment that hides that
    distinction a significant step.
    David Segall, May 5, 2006
  6. Artificer

    Artificer Guest