NetBeans 7.0 is out

Discussion in 'Java' started by Lew, Apr 22, 2011.

  1. Lew

    Lew Guest

    Lew, Apr 22, 2011

  2. Luuk

    Luuk Guest

    On 22-04-2011 13:05, Lew wrote:
    > NetBeans 7.0 is out.

    Maybe, if you add some nice NEW or CHANGED features this post has more

    Luuk, Apr 22, 2011

  3. marx2k

    marx2k Guest

    On 2011-04-22, Lew <> wrote:
    > NetBeans 7.0 is out.

    Yes it is. I've been following it through from the beta stages and it seems to
    be doing well though some tasks are still kind of slow for no real reason and
    sometimes those same tasks are fast(er).
    marx2k, Apr 22, 2011
  4. Luuk

    Luuk Guest

    On 22-04-2011 19:43, Lew wrote:
    > On 04/22/2011 11:49 AM, Luuk wrote:
    >> On 22-04-2011 13:05, Lew wrote:
    >>> NetBeans 7.0 is out.

    >> and?
    >> Maybe, if you add some nice NEW or CHANGED features this post has more
    >> value?

    > Bite me.

    no, i wont...... ;)

    Luuk, Apr 22, 2011
  5. markspace

    markspace Guest

    On 4/22/2011 8:49 AM, Luuk wrote:
    > On 22-04-2011 13:05, Lew wrote:
    >> NetBeans 7.0 is out.

    > and?
    > Maybe, if you add some nice NEW or CHANGED features this post has more
    > value?

    It isn't that hard to look for yourself. Here's one I didn't know:

    "Since Oracle has discontinued further development of JavaFX Script,
    JavaFX support has been temporarily removed from NetBeans 7.0. Work on
    JavaFX 2.0 with Java APIs has been announced, and NetBeans IDE will be a
    primary tool for the new technology. "

    Ouch, JavaFX support removed? Oracle isn't supporting it much either.
    I guess it wasn't the blockbuster Sun was hoping for.

    Other features:

    JDK 7

    * Project Coin support
    * Editor enhancements: Code completion, hints

    WebLogic Server

    * Streamlined and faster deployment to WebLogic
    * New server runtime node displaying deployed applications and
    * JSF integration with server libraries

    Oracle Database

    * Simplified connection wizard
    * Guided installation to JDBC driver
    * Editing and deployment of stored procedures

    JDK 7 switch

    * GlassFish 3.1 support
    * Domain restart and log viewer for remote GlassFish
    * Enable and disable deployed applications

    * Maven 3 support
    * JUnit 4.8.2 integration and various JUnit improvements
    * Remote HTTP URLs supported for Javadoc in libraries and Java
    * New improved visual customizer for GridBagLayout

    Java EE

    * Improved support for CDI, REST services and Java Persistence
    * New support for Bean Validation
    * Support for JSF component libraries, including bundled PrimeFaces
    * Improved editing for Expression Language in JSF, including code
    completion, refactoring and hints

    Web Languages

    * HTML5 editing support
    * JSON formatter

    * Generate PhpDoc
    * Rename refactoring, Safe Delete Refactoring
    * PHP 5.3 - Support for aliases

    * Easy import of project from user's existing binary
    * New Project type where user's source files are located on remote

    NetBeans Platform

    * Annotations for generating Action registrations in the layer
    * Performance enhancements & tight integration with Profiler
    * Additional NetBeans API changes

    * Word wrap in Editor
    * Enhanced Profiler integration
    * Less intrusive checking for external changes when switching
    between the IDE and other programs.
    markspace, Apr 22, 2011
  6. Lew

    Lew Guest

    jebblue wrote:
    > Lew wrote:
    >> NetBeans 7.0 is out.

    > Eclipse the ruling development environment for at least two more
    > decades is also out:

    OK, you have made a statement without *any* supporting evidence or reasoning.

    On what possible basis can you assert that Eclipse will rule for "at least two
    more decades", and how do you define "rule"?

    Please give actual evidence. Give /any/ credible prediction of the future of
    Java development over 20 years, and any documented study, plan, strategic map
    or anything at all that shows how Eclipse will fare in that scenario. Account
    for trends like the brand-new editor paradigm introduced at Brown University.
    Don't just blow gas out of your ass and light it, then invite us to admire
    the heat.

    Honi soit qui mal y pense.
    Lew, Apr 23, 2011